Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict acessing perticular table data

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want some users to restrict acessing perticular table data(they should not view the table data,specially ABAP People should not view the data),I would like to know in SAP is it possibel to lock a perticular table say HR table, so that other users can not access that locked table and cant see the data. Please suggest me if any other ways are there to do it.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

To restrict a table to user

1. Check authorization group for that table

-Goto SU24> In application tab> Select Type Of Application: Transaction, Enter transaction code : SE16 and Excute

-Check status of S_TABU_DIS is active or not.

-Click on S_TABU_DIS and Display Field values for S_TABU_DIS Screen

-ACTVT =03 AND DICBERCLS (AUTH GROUP) is blank. so when PFCG (ROLE Maintenance) pull the data from SU24 for SE16 the object S_TABU_DIS will be yellow

-Goto SE16> Enter Table Name as TDDAT> Give table name which u want to restrict > Execute > It will give u Auth group name.

2. Create a role

-We need to create a role for this restriction. In that role add transaction SE16.

-In authorization tab > change authorization data

-Drill down Authorizations (in yellow colour) > Search S_TABU_DIS, and Authorization Data > Goto change to DICBERCLS field, auth object S_TABU_DIS . And add AUTH GROUP > Save and generate

the role.

3. Add newly created role to a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>> I want some users to restrict acessing perticular table data(they should not view the table data,specially ABAP People should not view the data)

Yes, it is possible. You can assign tables to the authorization groups, by using SE54. Then, you can use it in S_TABU_DIS object.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

i want to put restriction only HR tables for perticular users, so that they cant view the table data. What i have to do if more tables are there.

As im novoice, if possible kindly eloberate the steps.

U R efforts will be highly appreciates.

Thanks in advance

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table access you can control on Authorization groups as already said. For e.g. if you want to control the Access of PA0008 table then check on SE54 for this table there will be a authorization group "PA" or "PY". So if you will not provide this object under object S_TABU_DIS, he would not be able to see the data of all those table which comes under "PY" or "PA" group. This is just an example. You have to read and do your research by own to understand properly.

BTW this is a wrong forum for this kind of question. You should post on Security Section

Regards,

Subhash