Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable Analysis Grid: Handling of New Master Data

TimoScharmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I've an analysis grid that is editable using a BEx WebTemplate in SAP BW Integrated Planning environment. The table contains a characteristic, that has to be qualified before a user can save the data entry. The problem is, that the values, the user can choose for this characteristic, have already to be maintained as master data. My question is, if there is a way to avoid this behavior. A user should entry any value for this characteristic and after he has saved the whole entry, the master data table should be extended with the new values.

Anyone here with helpful hints for me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If I have understood you correctly, you want simply create master data using IP platform.

If user enters some characteristic values that does not exist in master data you want it should be created automatically.

Am I right ?

IP has no standard tools/possibilities for creating master data.

Such topic has been discussed several times in this forum - you can try to search all threads, but I think there is no answer ...

Regards.

TimoScharmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Yes, I agree. Hence I've looked for others ways, to avoid this requirement.

Thanks a lot!

balajee_sivakumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BW IP, using characteristic relationship you can restrict the user from entering invalid characteristic values.

But your specific requirement can achieved by any one of the following solutions,

1. You can create a characteristic relationship of type "Exit" and you can write the necessary ABAP code to include your new user added characteristic value in to the master data table of that particular characteristic. Kindly refer the below link for more details,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/1c3d0f31b70701e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

You can use the class, 'CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE' and then you have to implement the methods u2018CHECKu2019, u2018DERIVEu2019 and u2018CREATEu2019. Among these methods, in the 'DERIVE' method you can write the code to add the characteristic values in to master data table.

2. You can convince the user to add the new characteristic values in to the master data table by developing a ABAP report. You can ask the user to enter the values and then execute your report.

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Balajee

TimoScharmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Thank you for your answer!

I think point two is no solution for us because it has to be a transparent function, of which a user should take no notice. Point one is interesting and I've already created a special Exit class for this. Anyway it doesn't work, although the check method always returns 'is valid' in my example. The create method will not be executed before my problem occurs. At last, the derive method is not needed and will not be processed, as the characteristic relation is not of type derive. So what do I have to consider to realize the requirement?