cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Path with query---error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one query 'B' which uses replacement path variable(with query A) on 'Customer' infoobject in Global filter area.

So everytime,I execute query 'B',first query 'A' runs and gives some customers list who are active yesterday and today.This active customers list is fed into replacement variable in query 'B' and query 'B' shows its own result.

The problem,we have is,Query 'B' is showing some customers who are not in the list returned by query 'A'.

Any ideas,how I can fix this problem?

Thanks.............

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I am aware that replacement path variable takes O/P of query defined in varaible as input.

what I mean to ask is....is there any other way to find out what values are input to varaibles in a query other than RSRT?

I would like to find out what values are taken as input by this replacement path variable in the main query...(I already ran the query mentioned in replacement path variable to check output ..I would like to check in other way)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked RSRT once again...Its showing values taken by all other variables in Main Query(including Customer Exit Variables) but not for replacement path variables...I am assuming its system behaviour....Do you know any other way of checking what values are being taken by variables in Main Query....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Replacement Var will take the value which comes in O/P of the refrenced query. It takes the value of var which have been taken as reference while creating the Replacement path variable.I have myself checked from RSRT trx.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks once again for your reply.

I went into RSRT and gave query name and clicked 'Execute'....

I got query output...I scrolled down to bottom to find variables...there for my replacement path variable,it just shows name as replacement path....for the infoobject which has this variable as filter,it shows the name 'Complex Selection'....nothing more than that....I donot see any values used by my replacement path variable...

Your idea is good one to check what values are used by replacementh path variable in main query...but I donot know how to find it....

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not understand why its not showing any value there, try again and check whether the replacement path variable you have declared is having correct setting. Ideally at the last page of the O/P in RSRT it shows all the details like

- Curent User of Query

- Value taken by all the variables (Including Custom Exit & replacement Path variables). Ideally you should get the values here for the variables.

Check whether the query O/P in RSRT is showing values for other filter screen variables ? You can compare and check with repect to other queries also which are using Custom Exit Var or Replacement path var and showing correct data.

If every thing is fine then you would be able to see the values thrown by the replacement path variables here in RSRT.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to check query by using RSRT...

iN RSRT,After I give query name in field,I have various options like--'Execute' , 'Execute&Debug' etc...which option do I need to choose inorder to see which data is coming through replacement path variable into the query...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Choose Execute Option, it will show you the query O/P. Then scroll down to the bottom page in this query O/P. There you can see value taken by each of the variables. Here you can chek your Replacement path variable.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can check data in data provider of both query first ,

other thing you can do is check whether data loading is proper.

check query restrictions and exclusion in both query.

provide more information and scenareo so i will update more.

hope this post helps...

regards

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Both run on same Multiprovider.

First thing is...this Customer infoobject is placed in Global filter area of Main Query and the infoobject has replacement path variable(with query on it).So the main query's data is limited to whatever customers that are given by replacement path query.

how can Main query show some customers data thats not been given by this replacement path query?

Second thing is...when user reported this error,he showed error in screenshots.When I ran query today,error is gone.Its showing correct.I reported to user and he informed that its happening now and then ....He gave one more example that happened today which is exactly of some type.....Main Query is showing customers that are not given by Replacement path query .....

Any ideas?Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1). Run your main query in RSRT, scroll down to bottom, there you can see values returned by this Replacement path variable. First point would be to cross check these values with the O/P you get by running the referred query in replacement path var.

2). This replacement path variable would have been used as filter in original query. Try analysing how you have restricted the data set based on the O/P of replacement path var. I mean to say whether its <=, >= , =, [range].

Once you are sure that these two procedures are giving satisfactory result, there is no reason why query will not give expected O/P.

Hope it helped

Regards

Raj Rai

Edited by: Raj Rai on Jun 7, 2011 2:37 PM