Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sy-tcode is blank when button is ticked in transaction QA11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Where in upgrade project. We have a problem in transaction QA11 where there are 4 buttons that were not functioning as expected. In the GUI Status, this button were under the Application Toolbar, its function code is a transaction itself and its function type is in type T(transaction code) meaning when button is pressed, it should automatically call the transaction assign to it (eg.button1 = QA16, button2 = QVM2, button3 = QVM3, button4 = QVM1), but the problem is, in our system, it will not automatically call the transaction and when button is pressed, user will be redirected to the SAP initial screen.

I debug the problem through system debugging on. I found out that the sy-tcode was not automatically populated by the system. I force the value (eg. sy-tcode = QA16) and now it does call the transaction and initial screen of QA16 was displayed. Now, my problem is how to solve the issue, why sy-tcode was not populated by the system? Anyone knows? please help.

Thanks!

Regards,

Dranreb

9 REPLIES 9

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the button code is a functional code. To call the function you have to do it by your own code, e.g.

case sy-ucomm.
when 'QA16' or '=QA16'. call transaction 'QA16'.
when 'QVM2' or '=QVM2'. call transaction 'QVM2'.
endcase.

in a PAI module.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks!

Actually the button is in Functional type T (Transaction code). So without coding, by standard SAP behavior, it should automatically call the transaction code which is the function code itself. I just wonder why in our upgrade Quality system it is not working anymore while in our development system the button is working.

Furthermore, in fact I just can't code ABAP statement elsewhere as this is a standard transaction/program.

Regards,

Dranreb

Edited by: Dranreb Cardosa on May 31, 2011 10:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Dranreb,

You are correct..This is a standard behaviour..Please search OSS notes and also try to implement any higher package level with the help of basis.

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dranreb,

If you are sure that GUI status is fine on your Quality system (active and generated) and the user has the authorities for the called transactions, there are few things that may be the reason.

One of them could be table TCDCOUPLES.

Please have a look for the table entries in your Development system and your Quality system for differences for tcode QA11, especially for the existing combinations and the okflags and maintflags.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Thanks Klaus and Nagaraj.

@ Nagaraj...Yes, I am looking for some available OSS note about this issue and still searching until now.

@ Klauz... I compare both system on there data in table TCDCOUPLES with tcode QA11 but the entry are 100% similar.

Regards,

Dran

0 Kudos

Hi Dran.

if I understand you in the right way, then you have a standard function without user modifications and its working on dev but not on quality. And you are in an upgrade project. The following reasons may cause this:

• a missing workbench transport

• a missing customizing tranport

• a wrong transport order sequence to quality system

• import errors for transport requests into qulaity system

• not all SAP components are in the same support package level in dev and quality system

You should check components of module pool SAPMQEVA (module pool itself,all includes MQEVA*, all dynpros in SE51 and all GUI statis in SE51) to have the same version in both development and quality system.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks a lot for your help. I already check module pool (Screen, GUI Status, includes) of the program and it seems they were similar. For now, I am still investigating on what is really the cause of the issue why sy-tcode was not populated.

Regards,

Drans

0 Kudos

Hi Drans,

We are having the exact same issue as you've described; were you able to find a solution in OSS?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

To All,

The problem is kernel related. Upgrade your kernel to the latest patch level and the problem will resolve itself. See OSS Note 1586259. This thread can be closed.

Thanks,

Jim