Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AL11 Directory Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I feel like this question has either been answered and/or asked before, but I can't really find exactly what I'm looking for. The solutions that I did find didn't really match what I'm doing either.

Basically, I have a directory parameter in AL11 DIR_PASSWORD Which real path is on the server E:\usr\...\passwords.

As of now, I have the path hard-coded, but this can't stay like this. The idea is this system has to work on different application servers where the path is different, so using the directory parameter DIR_PASSWORD saves a lot of time. The path is obviously different on each application server.

I've so far looked at transaction FILE but a logical path isn't what I'm looking for. I've also checked into multiple function modules such as file_get_name, eps2_get_directory_listing, eps_get_directory_listing, and rzl_read_dir_local. These are all ok, but the problem is that I have to use the hardcoded path, I can't use the directory parameter.

Even after doing SQL traces and debugging I can't really find what I'm looking for either, and using google and SDN search just brings up these function modules which aren't really what I'm looking for either.

Is there a way that I can use the directory parameter to point to a path of a folder on the application server without hard coding it? Or maybe a function module or so that'll make the conversion for me?

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3

ravi_lanjewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it only using FILE transaction and mountpoint.

I know only using the FILE and Ask to basis people for mountpoint they have mutch better idea about mountpoint.

You have to define first logical path name and define physical path name to logical path name and used the function module FILE_GET_NAME_AND_LOGICAL_PATH to get physical path of application server.

Kind Rgds

Ravi Lanjewar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan, this is a difficult one ;).

There seems to be no Function Module to retrieve these paths.

If you check this link, you'll see that the Directories in AL11 are all hardcoded in the standard program.

There is only one table, USER_DIR, that might contain some entries (those created by the user? I am not sure though). If this is correct, then you might want to create a new Directory (the same for all of the application servers) and then you can maintain it through this table.

Regards,

Ernesto.

0 Kudos

Hey Ernesto,

Well this is very helpful! The directory DIR_PASSWORD is in that database, I'm assuming since it was created by us. Inside the table contains the alias and also the path on the application server file system.

Thanks for the help!