Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

AL11 Directory Parameter

Hello Everybody,

I feel like this question has either been answered and/or asked before, but I can't really find exactly what I'm looking for. The solutions that I did find didn't really match what I'm doing either.

Basically, I have a directory parameter in AL11 DIR_PASSWORD Which real path is on the server E:\usr\...\passwords.

As of now, I have the path hard-coded, but this can't stay like this. The idea is this system has to work on different application servers where the path is different, so using the directory parameter DIR_PASSWORD saves a lot of time. The path is obviously different on each application server.

I've so far looked at transaction FILE but a logical path isn't what I'm looking for. I've also checked into multiple function modules such as file_get_name, eps2_get_directory_listing, eps_get_directory_listing, and rzl_read_dir_local. These are all ok, but the problem is that I have to use the hardcoded path, I can't use the directory parameter.

Even after doing SQL traces and debugging I can't really find what I'm looking for either, and using google and SDN search just brings up these function modules which aren't really what I'm looking for either.

Is there a way that I can use the directory parameter to point to a path of a folder on the application server without hard coding it? Or maybe a function module or so that'll make the conversion for me?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question