cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does workflow retrieve users under an org. unit when sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

Workflow supports sending email activity where you can specify the receipt type and receipt ID. For example, the email is supposed to send to the users within an organizational unit.

I am just wondering how SAP workflow determines the users within an organizational unit? Does it use HR-ORG evaluation path to get objects under an org. unit?

Many Thanks in advance!

Haifeng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haifeng,

I am not sure about the internal logic used in workflow.

Check the program SAPLSWDD.

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Viji, thanks for your answer. I am curious whether Workflow uses the SAP delivered evaluation path WF_ORGUS. From its description, it seems working for that.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FM SWI_GET_USERS_OF_ORG_UNIT to get users within an organizational unit.

Thanks and regards,

SNJY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your anwer.

How about position and job? Are there similar function modules in workflow?

Best Regards, Haifeng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HRP1001 can be used to get position and RH_STRUC_GET can be used for deriving position as well as holder of the position.

Regards, Saud

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just play around a bit with transaction PPSS

the search help there is an excellent tool in finding useful evaluation paths.

In fm RH_STRUC_GET you use this evaluation path to retrieve your agents.

when you're familiar with this material and you need a specific evaluation path you can go to transaction OOAW to create your own.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example, the email is supposed to send to the users 
within an organizational unit. 

Yes workflow template and standard task are also part of organizational unit. As you mentioned that the if the recipient type is choosen as Organizational Object then the workflow system will try to fetch the data from the organizational unit based on the recipient ID you provided in the mail step let say if you are using the recipient id as position Id then workflow system will try to get the data from the organizational unit

Org object types supported by the workflow system are US, C, S, O....

If at all the you choose the workflow recipient type as email address which can be a external address then in that case it just simply makes use of BCS communication methods and and in this case your SCOT settings must be configured properly.

The difference between the first and second is, in the first case the work items or mails/documents will be sent to sap inbox (SBWP) in the second case it depends on the mail ID you mention for example a outlook mail ID.

Regards

Pavan

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Haifeng,

You can use the FM RH_STRUC_GET to get this detail. Use the correct WEGID and get the details.

Else, try checking the table HRP1001 which has the organizational assignment.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haifeng,

Check the Function module RH_STRUC_GET.

In this function module you have to pass the Object type as 'O' and object ID as organizational ID.

In the ACT_WEGID you can pass the evaluation path like O-S-P to get the list of positions/Pernr's.

Once you got the pernr, then you can get the User ID's from the communication infotype PA0105.

Thanks,

Viji.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does use an evaluation path for determining users from positions or organizational units, etc.

I'm not sure which one, why do you ask this anyway?

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is quite obvious from my side. Find users under a organizational unit/postion/job.