cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit table structure in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Previously I had created smart form with table in it, now my requirement is I have to delete one column of that table.

I had tried to edit the line type of that table but unable to do it.

Please help me, how should I edit table structure in smartform?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In table tab, click on "Details" button, you will get the width of each column. Adjust the column width so that it doesnt exceed the total width of the table

Thanks

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I had checked table column widths in details button.

Total of all column widths are only 26.20 cm.

and total table width is defined as 15 TW, then also same formatting error coming. I also tried by changing table width with 176 CM but of no use.

Any more suggestions please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There has to be something wrong with teh column widths, there is no other reason to get this error.Teh columns widths are exceeding 176 cm. You will hav eto check it there only.If you have more tehn 1 line types defined check all of them.

Also check if teh window width is smaller then the defined table width.That could also throw error.

ravi_lanjewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also face similar kind of problem. My suggetion to you, While creating smartform table or template

Page width > table or template >= column width or sum of all the column in that table.

1) you have to define same unit of mesure of all the column for conviniance, don't give some column to centimeter or twips.

2) Sum of column width is not exide the table or template width.

3) Also check the mergin if any in page or table or column.

Kind Rgds

Ravi Lanjewar

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too had the same problem before.In your DETAILS tab

1.Check whether your table width and the width are same.

2.If not adjust the each cell width of your linetype so that it is equal to your table width.

Regards

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the table width in the details ? Moreover, the total width of columns( 26.2 cm) will be exceeding the window width in which table has been included.

Check the window width in Window->output Options.

Then check the table width in "Details" and adjust the column size accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I adjust the cells in the table after making changes in table columns.

After opening table painter in change mode the change mode(pencil) icon above table painter always remains deactivated.

When I am executing the smartform without adjusting the cells, then formatting error 'table row is larger than 176 cm'

is coming.

How can I correct this error??

I think its because i am unable to adjust table cells.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While dealing with smartform tables the basic funda is to make sure your tables total width doesnt exceed the defined width of teh table.

tables total width = sum of all individual columns,say you have defined 10 columns then add it all up.

In your case, you have defined the table wisth as 176 cms & the sum of all columns is exceeding this, so getting the error.

Goto individual columns take their sum and you will know.Be very carefull while adjusting the column widths,.. as if you loose track of it, you will end up changing widths all day!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to delete one column in the line type right. do the following steps.

1) select the table window in the Table tab click 'Details' Button.

2) in which line type you want to delete the column select the line type

3) delete the column for ex. 3 means delete value the under 3 and Unit also.

once u delete the cell in the line type the following change you have to do

you must have to adjust each and every cell one again. (Or the last cell as per specification)

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Double click on the table. Make sure you are in change mode of smartform.Now goto teh cell you wish to delete in the line type. And you can delete it, by selecting the delete cell icon from top.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have edit the LINE TYPE that you have passed in the TABLE node...

You have a option of "Delete cell",, in the table painter option... you can use that...

IMPORTANT: If you delete any column via LINE TYPE, then you must have to adjust each and every cell one again. (Or the last cell as per specification)