cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ2 messages not restarting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have some stuck messages in SMQ2, It's just a plain file to file scenario and we process files every day. and some get stuck in the queue. They are 1mb in size which should not be a problem.. The data are pretty much the same as the smaller files so there's no reason for this to get stuck? But when I lock and unlock the queues they don't restart. I've tried all in sxmb_adm as well nothing seems to help. Is there anything else I can try to start the messages again?

[Screen Print|http://www.photostand.co.za/images/n0vpnmprp21cpz2p82.jpg]

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one question.

Are you on PI 7.1? if so, it is better to switch to an integrated configuration using AAE for large file sizes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yip, I've tried everything in sxmb_adm regarding the queues. We will have a look at the design and hopefully we can have it sorted.

Thanks,

Jan

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jan,

You might want to consider to activate the 'large message' queue so that you can be sure that these larger messages are only processed one by one ... and thus putting less stress on your java stack ...

We basically activated this concept for anything larger then 250 kb ...

If you have PI 7.1 then you might want to consider skipping the whole ABAP IE handling ( and thus queues ) and use a JAVA adapter only scenario as suggested above ... this will dramatically improve performace for this kind of simple file move scenario's ...

Regards,

Steven

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Are you doing any (message) mappings between the files ?

Seems your processing times out ... this is usually caused by time outs on the mapping steps on the JAVA side ... which potentiaaly occurs when files are becoming large ...

Regards,

Steven

Edited by: Steven De Saeger on May 31, 2011 10:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mapping is straight forward, with no lookups. And 1MB files should not timeout at 30mins. If I go to SM50 and look at whats it doing it's selecting from a table with 1 entry. Then it's hangs. Our basis guys don't know what else to check.

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

With 'straight forward' you mean there is a mapping or there is no mapping ?

Is it waiting on table SXMSPMAST ?

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yip, field to field mapping. Not much manipulations.

And it's in that table yes [screen print|http://www.photostand.co.za/images/fshksb0j5f31ddlxcwni.jpg]

The links shows how to extend the timeout parameters but it still runs forever. I'll probably have to change the mapping to split the messages in smaller chunks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you have already checked that all queues is registered. We had a situation that some of our queues were unregistered, causing some messages to get stuck while other flowed fine.

sxmb_adm -> manage queues.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you just cross check, what is the time out value given?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'l check the notes.

This is a max timeout limit which was increased to 30min!...

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like huge messages problem.

Have a look into SAP Notes: 824554, 906435, 783515, 910649, 706563.

If it is because of Queue problems have a look into SMQ2 and then go thru this blog-How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically . See the below link.

http://www.saptechies.com/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts/

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Rajesh