Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWF loader component using Relative URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario :

I have a Parent Summary dashboard for all the functional area.(Eg. HR, Marketing, Finance).

When a user clicks on functional area (Eg. Finance), he is able to view the detailed dashboard (i.e Finance Detailed Dashboard.)

This feature is achieved by using .swf loader .

Since I have 4 xlf files and I have to export the files in the ppt

To use this component (swf loader) , I need to define the path of the swf file (i.e the absolute path , C:\Finance dashboard.swf)

To do this, I need to place all the 4 swf files in a defined location

Problem :

While sharing the same with the users, I have to ask them to keep the 4 swf files under the same URL defined in the SWF loader.

Users donu2019t want to do this, they just should be able to use without any such things.

Have anyone tried using Relative URL instead of Absolute URL in the xcelsius?

It would be highly appreciated if anyone who have worked on the above scenario in Xcelsius could provide me with the valuable inputs

Any workaround or solution would be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti Jain,

I have a solution for this with limitations.That works only with any explorer and xcelsius,not with any other like ppt,pdf etc.. because the flash files created in xcelsius can not be embed with ppt,pdf etc.....

First export all the swf files.You can use image component instead of swf loader.Image component embeds the swf files in Xcelsius file itself.In image component properties click on import and select flash file.For your need, you have to use 4 image components if you have 4 child flash files and you can use dynamic visibility using any selector component.

But it has limitations,it works with xcelsius and any explorer when export it with flash file or html file.

Note1: When you export it as flash file it will create a folder with other flash files includes your child swf files.You can put the all files including parent flash file and folder that was created in single folder and can be used any where.

Note2: When you export it as html file it will create flash file.You can put the all files including parent html file and flash file that was created in single folder and can be used any where.

Edited by: Vishnuvardhan Reddy Tirumala Reddy on Jul 20, 2011 11:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best workaround (from me) might be to not use swf loader. May I ask what the reason was that steered you toward multiple flash files? Was it a load time or file size issue? There may be another solution allowing you to avoid multiple flash files entirely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Xcelsius Present Version for building dashboards using excel as data source.

I have a requirement wherein I have to build a Parent Dashboard and based on the Parent Dashboard I have a child dashboard

(eg. I have a Parent Dashboard comprising of all the functional areas HR, Operations, Finance and based on the click of the respective functional area... (eg. Finance)..It should display the detailed dashboard (eg. child dashboard) of the Finance ....To achive this requirement I am using .swf loader component.....which enables to achieve the above requirement...

I am using .swf loader component as there are many child swf files .

I am sharind the file with the users in the ppt. format , While sharing with the users, I have to ask them to keep the 4 swf files under the same URL defined in the SWF loader.

Users donu2019t want to do this, they just should be able to use the ppt. without any such things.

Do you have any better workaround for the above issue.. Any suggestion or workaround is welcome.

Regards,

Jyoti Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If possible, I would suggest using only one swf file - especially in a scenario where you're sending the file around. This would mean re-creating the three or four other dashboards in the parent dashboard (using a tab component or dynamic visibility of a canvas component). Maybe this isn't possible or too much work.

Otherwise, sorry but I don't have a solution.

DG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Saving the swf files in a common accessible location will solve your problem. If BOE is used at your end, having your files on Tomcat might help you in this case. Just copy the four child swf files to "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/" and use the URLs

http://lhqsm385.kmt.kmtl.com:8080/file1.swf

http://lhqsm385.kmt.kmtl.com:8080/file2.swf

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Ameet for the reply...but in my environment we dont have any Enterprise setup in place.

Also the client have Xcelsius Present SP3 version with excel as a datasource.

Also I would like to mention when I create dashboards using .SWF loader component for achieving the parent - child relationship...I used Relative URL in the dashboardu2026Its working fine when I open them in Internet Explorer, But when I export the same in PPTu2026 Relative URL for the child dashboard does not work at all.(Tried all the modes for exporting , but not able to achieve a breakthrough),

Does anyone know do we have any limitation in using the SWF loader component ?

Any workaround or resolution would be highly appreciated.If there is any better approach do let me know

Regards,

Jyoti Jain

Edited by: jainjyo on Jun 9, 2011 1:25 PM

0 Kudos

Has anyone been successful in using the SWF Loader component providing the URL using the openDocument.jsp function?

In my case, the SWF loader componetn does not show anything. I tested the openDocument.jsp URL (using the CUID for my target Xcelsius flashfile) in InfoView and there it works fine. But the flash loader component just stays empty...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use documentDownload instead (similar to openDocument but provides access to the actual SWF which is what the SWF Loader needs).

You can read more about the syntax for documentDownload in the [Xclesius 2008 User Guide|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/xcelsius2008SP4/en/Xcelsius2008SP4_user_guide_en.pdf], look for Opening InfoView SWFs from Xcelsius models.

Regards

Matt

former_member817653
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I am looking for a similar solution as yours. Export parent dashboard to PDF and then within that use SlideShow component to show the child dashboard. I can't get it working. Have you found a solution? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mathangi

0 Kudos

Nope, I have not been successful using the doucmentDowload.jsp function, I reverted to using a hyperlink/URLcomponetn (via openDocument.jsp function) to open the other dashboard in a new browser window instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. As relative workaround was only available when exported in swf format and opened in Internet Explorer.

Apart from that, Relative URL does not work in any mode ( Nor in PDF nor in PPT)

As a workaround I exported my .swf files in ppt mode and placed all the parent .swf file as well as child .swf file in a common location so that the exported .ppt can refer to the child files. Hope everything is clear.

Let me know if you are facing any issue.

Regards,

Jyoti Jain

former_member817653
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I tried the workaround that you mentioned and it works fine. Thanks for that.

It would be good if documentdownload works fine in PDF.

Regards,

Mathangi