cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql Server configuration requirements for SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using Sql server 2005 Enterprise as data store for Sap ecc 6.0.There are certain configuration requirements to be done while installing it so that sapinst.exe (sap installer) is able to use it to create its own DB's.

For eg it requires a collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 whereas the default that gets installed is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

Like this there are other requirements which I am not aware of.Most of the docs available on the Internet are talking of ecc 6.0 with Oracle 10.2G which is the most common combination.I am having docs for this combination.

I am installing ecc for the first time.

*I am unable to download docs from sap. marketplace as it requires a login given to certified users or sap purchasers.I am neither.*

Can anyone help me with this.If anyone has ECC 6.0 installation guide with sql server it will be serve my purpose.

Thanks for your efforts.

-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread locked. Information passed to the legal department.

And should you decide to register again, when your account has been deleted, bear in mind that abuse will not be tolerated in these forums.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am installing ecc for the first time.

> *I am unable to download docs from sap. marketplace as it requires a login given to certified users or sap purchasers.I am neither.*

So you are apparently not permitted to install. You also need a working and installed Solution Manager system that in turn requires an S-user linked to a contract. You will need the actual installation notes, you will need patches for kernels etc. This all requires access to SMP.

You also do not install SQL Server by executing "setup.exe" but by executing sql4sap.vbs script which will do automatically all the required settings.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

"So you are apparently not permitted to install. You also need a working and installed Solution Manager system that in turn requires an S-user linked to a contract. You will need the actual installation notes, you will need patches for kernels etc. This all requires access to SMP."

You need to refrain from saying negative things when u are in a forum.You try to help instead so that the person finds a workaround problems.

It is obvious that for learning or self-training purpose nobody is going to buy the software and therefore question of Login in SMP does not arise.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You need to refrain from saying negative things when u are in a forum.You try to help instead so that the person finds a workaround problems.

> It is obvious that for learning or self-training purpose nobody is going to buy the software and therefore question of Login in SMP does not arise.

Excuse me?

What he is doing is illegal , you know what that means, right? If you don't believe me, read the license that comes on the first installation DVD.

Actually, I even think it's kind of barefaced to ask in the forum of the software vendor for help! I mean, it's like asking in a bank forum how to rob and fraud the bank! You - and many others - may think that it's right and ok to do that. I tell you: it is not. Not for "home use", not for personal use, not at all.

You can use the software available here in the SDN to lean and study, that's why it's there.

If you deal at all with copied software, then just be smart enough to make other people not notice. He can be happy if he's not prosecuted (which would legally be possible).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Excuse me?

What he is doing is illegal , you know what that means, right? If you don't believe me, read the license that comes on the first installation DVD.

Actually, I even think it's kind of barefaced to ask in the forum of the software vendor for help! I mean, it's like asking in a bank forum how to rob and fraud the bank! You - and many others - may think that it's right and ok to do that. I tell you: it is not. Not for "home use", not for personal use, not at all.

You can use the software available here in the SDN to lean and study, that's why it's there.

If you deal at all with copied software, then just be smart enough to make other people not notice. He can be happy if he's not prosecuted (which would legally be possible)."

Do u understand what is legal or illegal? Have u read the license in full?

The license does not put any limit on the number of users.So if I am using it means that one more user has been added by the license holder.

Therefore there is nothing illegal about it.

It would have unethical (not illegal) if the software is being used for a business purpose other than for which it has been purchased.

Since it being used for training purpose the above does not hold good.

In fact it is SAP who is benefited in the long run bec' after a person learns it technology because he is going to implement it somewhere, for which the concerned user will have to purchase a license.Therefore I am helping SAP to increase its business.

But there are some stupid people who don't understand these things but are ready to shout at the top of their voice thinking themselves to be intelligent.

Edited by: coolmind26 on Jun 5, 2011 10:57 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do u understand what is legal or illegal? Have u read the license in full?

> The license does not put any limit on the number of users.So if I am using it means that one more user has been added by the license holder.

> Therefore there is nothing illegal about it.

So you assume that everyone who bought a license to use has the right to distribute it? Where is that written?

> In fact it is SAP who is benefited in the long run bec' after a person learns it technology because he is going to implement it somewhere, for which the concerned user will have to purchase a license.Therefore I am helping SAP to increase its business.

I understand the dilemma of not having access to an ERP system makes learning difficult. I also understand that SAP may tolerate such a use. And if the license holder gave him the software because it's "tolerated" why didn't they give him an S-user then if it's "no problem"? This is pretty ambivalent, don't you think so?

> But there are some stupid people who don't understand these things but are ready to shout at the top of their voice thinking themselves to be intelligent.

I am at least with my full name here and I am a SAP Mentor because I help(ed) people and share(d) my knowledge when appropriate, I don't hide behind an acronym. And I least I know the difference between right an wrong.

I'll ask the moderator to lock this thread.

Markus

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi coolmind.

the following link have complete installation guide

www.service.sap.com/instguides

and please have a look on following link.

http://www.way2sap.com/sap-article/SAP-IDES-ERP6-EHP4-Installation-Guide-on-Windows-server-1262/

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majamil,

Thanks for your reply.

Your link has been extremely helpful and I have been able to install SAP with SQL Server 2005 Enterprise as data Store.

Now I want to install the SAP Gui and I want to know the location of the installer for that and also the pre-requisites for its successful installation.

Also I would like to know the way ahead for learning basis ie. tutorials,e-books, videos etc.How can we get in touch ?

Do we exchange emails here or thru' some private mail in this site itself?

Thanks again.