SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts regarding DBM process

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am having few doubts regarding DBM process and integration with MM. Kindly give me clarity

a) For DMB sales order requirement, the Vehicles and parts procurement process should be done in DBM or ECC- Material Management?

b) Release strategy and MRP configuration for Procurement should be done in DBM or MM?

c) And also kindly give me clarity on DBM and MM integration.

Since we want to prepare TO-BE and Blue print document kindly help me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

a) For DMB sales order requirement, the Vehicles and parts procurement process should be done in DBM or ECC- Material Management?

Vehicles procurement process should be done in VMS and Vehicle sales code should be be defined in MM. Parts procurement process should be done in ECC- Material Management

b) Release strategy and MRP configuration for Procurement should be done in DBM or MM? - MM

c) And also kindly give me clarity on DBM and MM integration

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vehicle procurement: DBM

Part procurement: Purchase requisition should be trigerred from DBM Sales/Service order

b) Release strategy and MRP configuration for Procurement should be done in DBM or MM?

MM

c) And also kindly give me clarity on DBM and MM integration.

DBM uses material of type VEHI for vehicle. DBM uses standard MM functionality directly like purchase requition creation and uses interface for other functionality like PO creation/Update, Goods Receipt etc.

Regards,

Alok.

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One good referecne document i found was .. go to google and put " DBM and MM integration in sap " in search screen. and you will get the first result with a SAP PPT on integration with BM. check it out. it will help you.

Regards,

SB