cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost document Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Can we use a single shipment cost document for multiple shipment types & different legs?

I have 5-6 shipment types and need to define shipment cost procedure for the same. Do I need to define different shipment cost document type for each shipment type & leg ? How the configuration should be?

Awaiting for the guidance.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can use one shipment cost document for all the shipment types you have mentioned.

There are several other keys which you may consider leveraging to configure the determination of the pricing procedure for your shipment cost:

a. item determination group - you can assign several item categories with similar processing by the system into one group to be used in pricing procedure determination

b. service agent procedure group - this is another crucial key which you can link to the service agent used, and by definining generic service agent procedure group such as internal, external, regular, etc. you can determine a different pricing procedure used.

c. shipment type procedure group - here you can assign as many different shipment types that you have to one or more group as you desire - example you can have 5 different shipment types for Marine, and you can group them in one shipment type procedure group, say ZMAR and this can be used to determine pricing procedure used.

You may consider the above alternatives to configure your shipment cost document types. There are no hard and fast rules, and you would probably like to check with the user/client as well if they prefer it to be separated or grouped as one etc.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

single shipment cost document for multiple shipment types & different legs?

Yes can you can use collective shipment cost processing for multiple shipment types with different legs,but I suggest not to go this where there are different leg.

kapil