cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a billing request for service order that has serv contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please help me?

The scenario is, my client has service contracts with their customer but they want to charge customers not periorically but as and when they provide service (ad-hoc).

So how to bill the customer in this case?

In my testing if I have a service contract (order type = SC) then when I create service order, system automatically picks up standard order type SM01. (which is service order with contract.)

And when I perform time confirmation and material consumption (goods issue), actual costs gets booked to the service order. However, using the service order number as referece, if I try to create a billing request in DP90, system create a blank billing request with no line items.

So, could you please advice, how can I create a billing request for a service order, if I have a contract?

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Abdul Rafey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In other words, if I want to bill customer as and when service is provided but not based on periodic billing plan of the service contract, then how can this be achieved?

The client wants to have service contract in which they want to have pricing agreement for the services they will provide but they want to bill their customer as and when service is provided and not bill periodically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rafey

Have you maintained DIP profile for the activity? (T Code- ODP1).

If not, please maintain the DIP profile for the activity, and maintain the price for the material.

Regards

Praveen Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Currently I am testing in IDES system using standard settings. When I create Service Contract (SC) and then create a service order, system automatically picks up order type SM01 (service order with contract).

Then I have done time confirmation and material consumption. I can see actual costs posted to service order and I can settle the costs from service order to SDI (line item of the service contract).

However, when I try to create a billing request for the service order, no line items are generated, billing request is blank with zero value and no line items.

However, when I create a service order without a contract I can create billing request in DP90 and based on my activity type I get service material in my billing request which is being picked up from DIP profile.

So, I am using the same activity type in both cases of with contract and without contract. When I create Service Order (SM02) without contract then system generates service materials in the billing request.

Activity type used in both SM01 and SM02 is same.

However, when I create service order (SM01) with service contract, then billing request does not generate any billing items.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raefey

I have a concern on the follwing steps you mentioned

"Then I have done time confirmation and material consumption. I can see actual costs posted to service order and I can settle the costs from service order to SDI (line item of the service contract)."

Please do the following and try

Create Order with contract

Do material posting

Do time confirmation

And then do DP90 to create billing request

hope it will work

Thanks & regards

Praveen Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Ok, these are the steps how I have executed the process.

- I have created a service contract for an equipment. In the service contract, I have maintained the service material in the line item, maintained price and assigned equipment in the technical objects.

- I created service notification, which automatically picked up contract.

- When I create service order, from notification screen, system automatically picked up correct order type SM01 (Service order with contract).

- Then I planned operations and spare parts in the service order.

- Checked settlement rule in the service order is SDI.

- released and saved service order.

- Using IW42, in SAP ECC6, you can perform both time confirmation and material consumption using the same screen and also TECO service order. System issues message to say, goods issue have been posted.

- when you check the document flow of service order, you can see operations posted, and also goods issue posted.

- check cost tab to see actual costs. (if I want to settle costs from service order to service contract, I can do so w/o a problem in KO88)

- Use DP90, enter service order number and create billing request. System takes to billing request screen but it is blank. No line items.

- So, since there is a contract, in this case, am I meant to be creating the billing request from Service contract? instead of from Service order?

I hope I have clarified myself better this time.

Best regards,

Abdul Rafey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you doing KO88 for the order?.

If so, please dont do it...just try to do DP90 and see

Regards

Praveen