cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM IN SCHEDULING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try scheduling a routing through CA02/CA03, iam facing a problem.

All my operations have a labor time of 1 hrs each. Setup time & machine time are maintained as zero.Factory starts at 8.30 AM. Ideally 1st operation should be over by 9:30 AM and the 2nd operation should start by 9:30 AM. Similarly the 2nd operation should get completed by 10:30 AM and the 3rd operation should get started by 10:30 AM.

Where as in my case, the 1st operation gets completed by 9:30 AM and the 2nd operation gets started by 9:33:32 AM. The starting of 3rd operation happens at 10:37:04 AM. So there is a 3 min 32 sec gap between each operation. Iam could not figure out how this gap of 3min 32 sec happens.

Could you pl. help, how to get rid of this one.

Best regards,

K.Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Check whether any wait time or queue time is defined at the operation level or work center level,

What is the break time that is defined for the particular work center that is assigned to the operation?

Also check in OPU5,whether the check box for scheduling with breaks is included.

Check and revert

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj,

1) in OPU5, the checkbox has not been checked.

2) No wait time or queue time maintained at the routing.

3) the breaktime maintained at work center is 30 min for the day. working hours is 8:30 AM to 17:30 PM and the length of break in 30 min and the operating time in 8:30 hours.

4) How to check wait time/Queue time maintained at work centre level ? Pl. let me know, so that i can check.

Best regards,

K.Kumar.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Check in the scheduling tab of the work center whether any queue time is maintained.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj,

The Queue time maintained in the work center(s) are ZERO.

Best regards,

K.Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ckeck the any wait time or queue time is assign at the operation level at interoperation times for operation.

Regards

vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

System have distributed your any of the interoperation time (even lunch breaks) over your period for scheduling. If all interoperation times are removed you will get the exact scheduling.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

Perfect. System is working fine, if i take out the lunch break.

But i need to maintain a break of 30 min for lunch & 15min for tea break. May i know, where should i maintain this, so that, system will not consider these break times for scheduling purpose?

Best regards,

K.Kumar.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Check the scheduling parameters in OPU5 whether scheduling with breaks is included,check without this setting and try and

check the results.

Regards

Mangalraj.S