cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data does not show in webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i'm freshman in webi, currently i have a database which have 500 rows of data. But when i try to put it into webi, it only show 100+ of data in the report. I have check all the universe already, there are no filter inside and i still cant figure what has happened.

Any advice on it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

first of all, thanks for ur replies.

i have done arcoding to your advice. but currently it is not the setting problem.

from time being i found that if i just drag the object into webi, it only show 107 data.

But one i modify the sql in webi, it show all the data that i need.

for eg:

original SQL --> SELECT Product.Code FROM Product.

This show only 100+ of data.

Modified SQL ---> SELECT Product.Code FROM Product GROUP BY Code

This show all 500+ of the data.

Any reason for this??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check the below settings

In Universe (Designer),

File -> Parameters -> controls ->

Limit size of result set to:

In WEBI,

Edit Query -> Properties ->

Max rows retrieved:

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webi only shows 100 rows per page by default. Are you sure the other records aren't on subsequent pages?

Universes by default limit results so 5,000. This won't cause your problem, but now you know.

Webi also aggregates automatically. If you have 100 countries and 500 cities, your database might have 500 rows. But if you only include country in your Webi report, then you will only see 100 rows.

Lastly, if you go (in Webi) to the templates tab > Free-Standing Cells > Formula and Text Cells and drag the "Query Summary" object onto your page, you will see how many rows are in the data returned from the query.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you using measure objects in the webi query so that webi report is showing aggregate data. Recheck the joins are appropriate in the universe.

or copy the query sql and run SQL on database and see how many rows you are getting.

or create a new query drag one or two dimension objects in the query and run.then compare count of records against database.

Thanks,

Amit