cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS - team - General Data, Employee selection add Custom col with KM link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am trying to add a custom column for MSS team selection for general data. Which works alright, now i want to make that column click able (like email) and this should direct me to a dynamic Km link based on employee selected.

I have added custom column and able to display custom content on the team member selection table. I am able to make it clickable if i select "link" option on column configuration. So that also works.. now i want to pass employee number to my custom webdynpro application. Can you suggest anything here.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Its very important that where do u put this piece of code: wdContext.currentSelectedPernrElement().getObjid() for reading the pernr of selected person from team viewer.

onEvent is the best place.

The onEvent code which u gave I donu2019t see this, where did u put this piece of code? I would suggest you to put it in onEvent and also would suggest to temporally comment checking of object selection changed event until your issues is addressed.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

did you able to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run ur application in debug mode by adding the following url parameter sap.xss.debug=t to your WDJ app to see the context values.

This will help you in seeing the context values of OADP and FcObjectSelection . (You can refer to this blog for

/people/yugandhar.reddy/blog/2011/03/26/simple-way-to-debug-ess-and-mss-web-dynpro-java-based-applications--very-useful-technique)

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

well used old fashioned assign context values to textview on the screen.. and it shows no changes to values after employee selection changes on the "Selection screen" though it definitely picks the first employee selected on the selection screen.. so i doubt the event linkage part...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. In onEvent you have to add the code

wdContext.currentSelectedPernrElement().getObjid() for getting the pernr

Also write a custom event to refresh the screen, and call the custom event from the onEvent method.

-Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately entries in "wdContext.currentSelectedPernrElement().getObjid()" are not refreshed as employee selection is changing... some event/ part is missing i guess.. but what and where..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

If I understand correctly, though oadp config, you have added new column and attached a service key to make it as a clickable one. Once u er clicks on the link, I believe you want to display the KM doc which takes pernr as url parameter or some thing like that.

If my understanding is correct then, you have to create a WD Application, which reads the selected pernr( or org or position). You need to add pcui_gp/xssutils as used DC and then add context nodes of FcObjectSelection to read the selected record details as described in the above wiki which I gave i.e. https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29

You have to pass the value returned by the Selected Object to the KM as url parameter.

Also use this blog to see the frontend context values of WDJ application. It will help you in understanding the various values of the context nodes.

/people/yugandhar.reddy/blog/2011/03/26/simple-way-to-debug-ess-and-mss-web-dynpro-java-based-applications--very-useful-technique

This should wok for you, let me know if your requirement is different.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a custom application using this link..

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29

This has created a custom iview.. but it does not refresh data when employee selection is changed. I was trying to find out code for event linckage.. this is only.. place .. and i did add this piece of code.. and created FPM view as assigned with FPM generaldata information.. same way as described in document

public boolean onEvent( )

{

//@@begin onEvent()

if (IFPM.EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTION_CHANGED.equals(fpm.getEventData().getEventName())) {

updateContent = true;

}

return true;

Former Member
0 Kudos

See i this badi helps: HRWPC_MOD_NAVOBJECTS , try to pass the pernr to ur link from this badi.

-Yugandhar Reddy

Edited by: Yugandhar Reddy on Jun 1, 2011 9:54 AM

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Read the note 1112733

as it has all the steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth.

I am working on this Webdynpro JAVA application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a wiki which explains how to pass the selected record details like pernr to the custom WD application:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But i am not trying to add any additional view, this is one external link. but additional column in Employee result.