cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem for Adobe form print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem in printing Adobe forms on HP P1005 printer. When I say print, in sp01 the spool requests and output requests everything completes successfully and showing green also,

but the operating system spool list of this printer keep on showing "printing" status, but it won't print the form after waiting long time also.

But the same output device in SAP and same adobe form prints immediately fine with other printers on same machine as well as on other machines.

This problem I have only with Adobe form print for which I am using HP4300 device type for my Adobe printer. This printer is printing all smart forms immediatly by using my output device "SAP Printer" which is having the device type "SWIN".

For this forms if I do print preview, then it opens the form in Adobe reader and I am able to print it from Acrobat. But the only direct print is creating this issue.

For all printers in my SAP, I am using access method G and host printer __default.

I am unable to diagnose this issue and coudn't find any thread with same problem. I reinstall the printer drivers but no use.

Please provide your valuable solutions to come out of this problem.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to inform you that the printer HP P1005 is not support pcl5.Its support only plug and play host based printing..

Please try the following method..

Modify the following entry in regedit..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER_\Software\SAP\SAPlpd\SAPLPD

Right click..

String

SAPWIN

Value =0

Download attachment file from the note 1066060

Implement the sap note 1066060

u201CIf you use a SAPWIN device type, use the report RSTXSCRP to import the device types that are contained in the attachment of this note into your system. Note that this overwrites the SAPWIN device types that already exist in your system. If you have modified the original device types, you must first copy them into the customer namespace.u201D

In the SAP system, create output devices with the device type PDF1 and access method 'S'.

If you previously used output devices with SAPWIN device types, you can proceed in accordance with Note 1066060 and in step two, use the report RSPO0022 to copy the entry from device type PDF1 to device type SAPWIN. The system will subsequently create a PDF data stream when you print interactive forms if you are printing on a printer with device type SAPWIN. For more information, see Note 1066060.

Install SAPPDFPRINT 7.20 together with SAPGUI 7.20 on your PC. SAP GUI automatically recognizes if SAPPDFPRINT is installed and prints interactive forms on the selected printer.

Regards

Bhuban

RKFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhban,

Thanks your valuable answer, I am able to solve it by using second step provided SAP Note 1444342.

But I am facing one more issue in this case. If I login with user who is in domain administrator or user who is in daministration group, then printout is printing properly as per the requirements.

But when I login with normal user, it is printing junk data. I given full access to printer and SAP folder in program files but still no success.

Please tell me how to proceed.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Try to make the normal user as a local administrator from the user account from OS level.

Regards

Bhuban

RKFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuban,

This is not possible as these machines are accessed by different people at different time. So practically not possible as users are not sitting on same place after few days.

Also this SAPPDFPRINT is mentioned in Note 1444342, is sometimes printing properly and sometimes printing junk data.

Don't we have any printer / device type for Adobe form print which can work like sapwin which can support all environment.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All SAPWIN-type device types cannot be supported with the Adobe technology alone. See also the new development PPDFPRINT 7.20 in Note 1444342.

You can print PDF-based forms on all printers installed in the SAP system as long as the relevant XDC file (printer definition in XML format) exists. SAP delivers XDC files for the following SAP standard device types:

- POST2 - PostScript

- HPLJ4 - PCL black and white

- HP9500 - PCL color

- PDF1 - PDF

- AZPL203 - ZPL (Zebra label printing)

- AZPL300 - ZPL (Zebra label printing)

You can modify XDC files yourself within a limited scope. Documentation about this is available on SAP Service Marketplace at

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe-> SAP Interactive Forms - Configuration Guides

These XDC files must be saved at runtime on the host that also contains the Adobe Document Services. The exact path

usrsap<SID>SYSglobalAdobeDocumentServiceslib.

In addition to the XDC file, an entry must also exist in the TSP0B table on the SAP system. This entry assigns an SAP device type to an XDC file. Only if the assignment entry exists, you can print PDF-based forms on the printers with the relevant device type. You can maintain the TSP0B table with the RSPO0022 report. Refer to the online documentation for information

about how to use the report.Important: You cannot change the XDC files delivered by SAP or the TSP0B entries. If a change is required nevertheless, you should first create a copy of the relevant device type with another name in transaction SPAD.

Then create a copy of the XDC file with a different name and make the relevant changes. The new XDC file must be copied to the directory mentioned above on the server that contains the Adobe Document Services.

Regards

Bhuban

RKFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

The permissions was missing for normal user in Registry and program files SAP folder as shown in below link document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57751220/Printer-Permissions

Regards,

Ramesh.

Edited by: ramesh_basis on Jun 13, 2011 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same permission problem but that link isn't available anymore. I have given full control over SAP folder but i need some help for registry edit. I would be glad for any kind of help.

Regards

edit:Giving full control over key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPPdfPrint did the job.

Edited by: Huseyin Celik on Sep 21, 2011 2:03 PM

dominik-st
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you you please share your solution again?

The link doesn't work anymore.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Dominik