cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Project Cycle in CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up Change Request Management for maintenance project, in solution manager 3.2.

1. The service desk is configured.

2. Created a project of type maintenance.

3. Added users to the project team.

4. Set up transport route (????) but not sure if that works or not ...

5. When I go to change manager transaction and try to create projrct cycle, it says "project is not released"

6. I am not sure if this issue is simple or is a cascasding effect of previously (un)configured steps.

Please help me in the same.

Also, it would be very useful if someone can talk of all the sequential steps in configuring CHARM. And, how exactly do we need to configure the transport routes? any specific rules to follow there ???

Thanks,

Anil Santhapuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Your question:

5. When I go to change manager transaction and try to create projrct cycle, it says "project is not released"

Could you pls detail explain on what have you done on TCode Solar_Project_Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

FSCHU,

1. I have created a project of type maintenance.

2. LInked the logical component which I have created in SMSY, for the relevant satellite system.

3. Assigned project team members

4. Saved the project

5. During saving, it asks for KM system, press OK

6. Then during saving, it throws the error "TMW_GET_TARGET_SYSTEMS Unable to read system information".

7. It continues to save, then if we go to IMG project tab, and create a new project, it will go into satellite system and create an IMG project there.

8. The IMG is created, but with a error, the status is shown in red.

9. Now, I go to change transaction and select the project and click on "create a maintenance cycle", then it throws the error "project is not released".

Please help.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

8. The IMG is created, but with a error, the status is shown in red.

At this step, the status of the project can not be red. Pls highlight the column of the defaulted proj(with red status) and click on the create button(underneath the table control) and assign a new name for your project. Then the status will become green. And try again on your step 9.

Pls do let me know if you are facing the different things.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried it now again.

And after step 5, now I get a new error called as "/TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY NO_DOMCTL_Destination",

can you help in this ??

Thanks again,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

3. Assigned project team members

4. Saved the project

5. During saving, it asks for KM system, press OK

Is there any relatinoship for the steps above? Pls list down the TCode used for each of the step.

BTW, have you setup the SMSY(with correct logical client) correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup things in SMSY.

At this junture, I need your inputs in the following aspects ..

1. Either I am setting up TMS wrong.

2. In this case, can three clients of same system be used as DEV, QA and PRD systems, in TMS.

3. If so, how can this be done?

4. If not possible, what is the way, and I would need a detailed way of setting up TMS, as I feel this is where i am messing it up.

5. There could also be issues with RFC destinations, especially with Trusted RFC, can you please help me as to how can I set trusted RFC's.

Please respond to these queries.

Thanks,

Anil S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

In SMSY itself, You can generate RFC by using Wizard.Select your system on the right side you can see this.

just follow the steps given in the wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have generated the RFC's, but the issue is with the TMS setup, can you help me in this ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you solved your problem? I can also not create a project cycle, but do have different messages which are:-

1. No consolidation system found for DEV-200 (project ZCHARM2)

2. Message from function module

/TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system for PRD-400

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you fixed the issue of

No consolidation system found

Message from function module

/TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system ?

Regards,

Cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because , either it could be a RFC problem or it could be a System Landscape Problem.

check the following ,

1.In SMSY , Have you generated RFC connection for 000 client and your developement client ???

2.Have you check the system landscape consistency ??

in Project Cycle click on the refresh button in solar_project_admin tx.

gl to transaction slg1.

give object /TMWFLOW/CMSCV

Can you let us know what are all the message it is showing ?

Rgrds,

Jeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil/All

We are also facing same issue. Ours is a two system landscape with only dev and production specified in the stms of domain controller.

We have defined b95 as dev and c09 as production in the domain controller b95.

We have created a logical component z_charm_new and in system assignment given b95:000 as dev and c09:00 as production.

We have used this logical component for creating img project.

but when we click the create task list we are getting following error

####

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONS: No export system for C09-000

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N159

Diagnosis

System C09-000 is to be changed in a Solution Manager project, but no system in the system landscape exports transport requests which are imported into this system.

System Response

If a task list has already been generated for this Solution Manager project, you cannot use it. It is automatically locked.

You can unlock the task manually by activating it with the 'Status' pushbutton in the task list, but you must first resolve the error.

There are several possible reasons for this error:

The transport paths may not have been created correctly in TMS (Transport Management System). Go to the transaction STMS in the system which contains the domain controller, and check and correct the transport paths.

You are in the system containing the domain controller so:

Go to the transaction STMS in the system C09-000. Choose 'System Overview'. Find your system with its transport domain in the 'Domain' column. The Icon Legend (pushbutton) shows the icons for the Domain Controller. Search in systems with the same domain for a system with this icon in the 'TYPE' column, and logon to it.

You can change the transport paths with the 'Transport Paths' push button in the transaction STMS. Choose 'Distribute and Activate' after saving.

The role assignment in your Solution Manager project may be incorrect. A system in which transport requests are created and released (development or maintenance system) must have the type system role 'source System'.

Go to the 'System Landscape' tab and 'Systems', in the project definition in the transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Choose 'System Role Assignment' and 'Edit System Roles'. The development or maintenance systems must be of type 'Source System'. If you make changes, go to the 'System Landscape' tab and the 'Change Requests' tab, and refresh the project landscape for Change Request Management.

####

Please help with some tips. If you need more details please let me know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Need to configure Transport System using STMS transaction code. It all depends on the landscape i.e. how many system landscape. You can build everything from STMS transaction.

PS: If its helpful assign the points

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raman,

The issue here is that, the Dev-Solution Manager DSM is defined as an domain controller for transports.

We want to connect this to a satellite system R/3 termed as Dev-100, and this system is too a domain controller for its own transports, i.e. connecting Dev-100 --> Tst-100 --> PRD-100.

Now, when I want to configure change management to these systems, where do I configure the setup ? In Dev-SM STMS or in Dev-100 STMS ?

Currently, as both of them are domain controllers, they both are linked to each other using domain links, and this is done in Dev-100, but this does not seem to work.

Are we doing something wrong here?

How do we set up change management in this scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You need to setup the STMS in Dev-SM