cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License about craxdrt.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Visual Basic 6 and Crystal Report 8.5.

I created a report with Crystal and I call it in my visual basic software.

I save the report in PDF by using craxdrt.dll.

Here my questions :

1) Do I need to pay a license to use the craxdrt.dll ? I mean by that, when I will publish my software of the client pc I need to have this information.

2) Do you (SAP) have runtime for Crystal Report 8.5 because I will need it when I will install my software on the client pc.

3) If this another way to call a report in visual basic and save it in pdf file without using craxdrt.dll and without calling the crystal report viewer ?

Regards,

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

See this link for [Licensing |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70bd6328-4128-2d10-7882-d7b95418dbaa&overridelayout=true]info.

As for the distribution there are no merge module or anything for distribution in CR 8.5. You have to build and include all parts yourself.

You should upgrade to a current version of CR, 8.5 is going away completely soon.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank for the answer so if I understand correctly the document. I have only a developper license so I will need to contact a sale agent to be sure I have the appropriate license to use this dll right ?

I received a popup yesterday that told me I'm using some fonctionnalities without having the appropriate license so I'm sure it's because of this dll.

I'm right ?

Thank

0 Kudos

Correct, In CR 8.5 the RDC had the ability to do report creation and it was only enabled by using a Keycode that enabled the feature. If not then you have to remove the API(s) being used until the message stopped popping.

Don

Answers (0)