cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of install help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the Developer Workspace on my local machine. The install was going fine and it was very close to finishing when I lost power to my laptop and lost the installation. Now when I try to reinstall I keep getting the following error message:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.01 Developer Workplace > Developer Workplace with MaxDB( Last error reported by the step :uncaught exception: modlib.jslib.caughtException: Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

This is the NW 7.01 Developer Workspace w/ MaxDB. This happens in the very beginning whenever I choose the option for NW w/ MaxDB and then I get the option to Start a new install or Continue with old. I've tried bother and neither works. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still running into the point where it is failing on creating the database instance. I have had it complete before then I uninstalled it and now I'm trying to reinstall. Any ideas how to get around this one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to install MaxDB manually. During the installation process NW should check for the existing MaxDB instance.

-Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrei,

I did uninstall manually but it still does the same thing. Is there something lingering around from the last installation that may have not got wiped?

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to open a ticket to SAP Support under component BC-INS, and attach the full installation log for them to analyse.

Regards,

Vincent

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think you should check sapinst_dev.log and other r3load log file for details error, as first step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got it to continue but now it is failing on phase 11 of 39 which is Create database instance. The following error is occurring:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.01 Developer Workplace > Developer Workplace with MaxDB( Last error reported by the step :TypeError: inst_arr has no properties (in script NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 39817: ???))

Any ideas on this one?

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you try install latest sapinst Patch (See SAP note 929929 )

make sure all the pre-requisites are done, as per installation guides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Previous parts of the installation could still be in the system.

Try uninstalling the developer workspace using the SAPInst -> Uninstall option. And then retry a fresh installation.

Regards,

Srikishan