cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of EP Core and EP to existing SAP NW 7.3

0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are trying to find usefull installation information or guides for the usage type enterprise portal. the standard nw 7.3 installation guides or master guides doesn´t cover how to install additional usage types to the nw platform.

does anybody know wich components do I have to deploy with the JSPM Tool, i would appreciate any help on this because I didn´t so much information...

next we want also to install the usage type BI Java.

many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this help.sap.com article: JSPM - Installing an Additional Usage Type

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/6de9e7d4917324e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

So in other words yes you are on the right track, you need JSPM to install the additional Usage Types.

Cheers,

B

0 Kudos

Thank you so much so far.

Actually the SAPInst Application doensn´t offer installation options for additional usage type like EP or Java BI after installation of the netweaver 7.3 PI standard wich we used to deploy a nw basis system (ABAP + JAVA Stack) on the same windows machine.

So i think the right procedure is still using the JSPM Tool where we allready installed the composition environment (CE). And if you take a look into this document

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735500&_OBJECT=01100035870000130286... page 26 you´ll find the corresponding media list that belongs to CE. Now there is still hard work to find a similar install guide for the usage type EP or just EP Core, neither Java BI.

Right now my problem is more in selecting the right install SAC Files from the NW 7.3 Java Installation directory wich should have any Java based UT available for NW 7.3 for later use in the JSPM installation task.

still looking for any helpfull information...thx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Has anyone figured this out?

I am trying to Install EP usage type to an existing NW 7.3 ABAP+JAVA system.

I know we have to do it using JSPM, just cant figure out where to download the EP usage type?

Found this , not sure if this is the corrent content?

My Company's Application Components" My Company's Software" COL. PORTAL FOR SAP NETWEAVER" PORTAL ADD-ON SAP NW 7.3 --> Comprised Software Component Versions

Thanks,

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

It is advised to use the Maintanence Optimizer for downloading the packages required for additional usage type installation along with the stack xml.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the main usage types for EP installation

- AS Java

- BI Java

- EP Core

- EP

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually in the installation tool SAPINST, when you run sapinst.exe , under " Additional Software Lifecycle options " node you should be able to find the node "Install additional usage type" .. Please check if its the same in 730 DVD too..

Rgds,

Soujanya