I have plan to upgrade the WIN 2003 + SQL 2000(32- Bit) SAP installation to win 2003 + SQL2005 (64-Bit) platform.
I read the installation guide and Made a plan
1. Check for the BASIS Patch min. level 15
2. Delete QCM table
Tr. SE14, choose Extras->Invalid temp.table
We have not any BW client so I am generate the DDL statement
3. Now, Export the database by executing sapinst.exe and then
select ABAP system-->MS SQL server -->Unicode -->ABAP Database content export
and continue with the Export procedure.
On the Target system
1. Create a directory EXPORT and copied all the exported data.
2. Start the SAP installation, enter the required parameters up to the
window selecting the database instance installation method, on this
I will choose System copy/migration(R3load based)
3. provide the path of the Export directory.
4. Specify the order in which the package are loaded - I select alphabetical order
5. No other option will select on this screen.
Please suggest me, After the installation complete on Target system which steps need to be done.
I need to execute like STM tool execution, drop old procedure, update statics, etc.
I had done the Homogeneous system copy procedure using the Database specific
Also please suggest which method is suitable for Homogeneous system copy Detach/Attach or Export/Import
I hear SAP prefer Export/Import method