Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct an acquisition posting in an parallel ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following situation:

We are using New GL concept and have setup one parallel ledger (16)

We have setup two depreciation areas, one pointing to the 0L, the other one to parallel ledger

During vendor posting of an asset the capitalisation is done in both ledgers posting to the capex balance sheet account (standard behavior). For reasons the customer wants to redraw the capitalisation but only in the parallel ledger, he wants to post it as costs ( P&L account)instead of the balance sheet account.

Whats the best approach here?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The depriciation Area in which you have asigned parallel Ledger 16 make an entry through Transaction ABSO, by using transcation type, this will create entry in Depreciation Area Assigned to Parallel Ledger, at the period end you can use ASKBN to post the same to Accounting.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your feedback but when i use ABSO i cannot select the parallel ledger the system propose to perform the correction also for the leading ledger ( and the latter we dont want), how can i select only the paralled ledger ?

I used transaction type 101

Thanks

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi You Need to define following settings:

Assign Depreciation Area to your Parallel Ledger i.e. Non Leading Ledger

SPRO>IMGFinancial Accounting (New)> Asset Accounting> Valuation>Depreciation Areas>Define Depreciation Areas

The GL Column will be 3 and Target Grp will be 16 in your case

Now Create a new Transaction Type which will be copy of your 101 and restrict this Transaction type for your Depreciation Area whihc is specific to your non leading ledger.

Now post ABSO and ASKBN

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot this works out !

The only question i still have is why should ASKBN be run after ABSO, because ABSO already corrected the balance sheet posting , what kind of postings are done via ASKBN?

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Another question, regarding the depreciation run we will use AFAB, now we consulting some SAP recommendations they mention to use ASKBN, whats your opinion?

We are dealing with two real depreciatin areas

Your feedback well appreciated !

Thanks