Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM conversion in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Unable to use a rounding profile when Buy unit of measure is CAR

When iam creating a PO the UOM conversion is behaving very strangly. In the Material Master i have maintained the Alternate Unit of Measure as 1Cartoon=120EA. and Rounding Profile as 26.. as the Vn wants 26 CAR per order. When i create a PO the conversion is happening correctly if i donot enter the Plant. (ex. 26 (order qty x 120 conversion qty = 3120). as soon as i enter the plant..the PO is taking the Base unit of measure as EA.

Plz suggest..

Tnx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U please check the conversion factor u maintained in MMR in Additional data tab.

Regards

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

The conversion factor is maintained as 1CAR = 120EA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think rounding profile has nothing to with this problem but still can you try to create PO after removing rounding profile from Material Master and Info record?

One more thing ...try to create PO using some other vendor without saving it and see if you are getting same results?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As per ur suggestion i have tried by removing( deactivating) the Var. Order Unit in the Inforecord. and now in the PO even though if we enter the conversion is happening correctly...

Iam testing it through other possiblities....but iam unable to get it...y by deactivating the Var. Ord. Unit in Info rec. its happening correctly...? Whats the relation ?

Thanks for the suggestion n help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say when Variable Order Unit = 1 in the info record then it is not working ( CAR not showing on PO) and after removIng it ( = blank), its working as required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say when Variable Order Unit = 1 in the info record then it is not working ( CAR not showing on PO) and after removIng it ( = blank), its working as required

ya..i removed the Var. Ord unit in MAterial Master only ..so tht i t cudnot be copied to info Rec. Nw after removing in the PO the conversion is happning correctly...as b4 ..after entering the Plant the CAR order unit is about to disapper..now its fine..

But y this happned..wht the relation of var. Order Unit price indicator which was making a conversion prb after entering the plant in PO..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...I found below useful note .hope this useful

If you select the Variable Order Unit 1, in Purchasing View of Material Master, the system allows you to make purchases in any of the UOM defined in Material Master in Base UOM and Alternate UOM.

A Business Scenario :

You have a Material # 1XXXXXX (say, Steel Sheet) with a Base UOM as Number and the business scenario demands you to make a purchase in KG as your Vendor charges the cost in Kg, whereas your Sales Dept wants to do the Invoice in Set. (say, 2 Numbers per set)

Now, in Material master maintain MM02, Under Basic Data Screen Base UOM = Number

Go to additional Data Tab , Under UOM Maintain (You would need to define Alt UOM)

10 Kg = 1 Number ( for Purchasing) > You can Create PO in Kg or Number or Set ( any UOM)

1 Set = 2 Number ( for Sales) > You can Create Sales Order in Set (Any UOM)

Select Var Order Unit = 1 in Purchasing View, you can make purchase in any of the UOM and the system does the conversion automatically. Further, if there are specific Prices are maintained for each of the UOM, then the system will pick up respective UOM Prices as well.

In this scenario, the system Considers :

Base UOM = SKU (Stock Keeping Unit)

Pur UOM = Kg ( for Purchase Order)

Sales UOM = Set ( for Sales Order)

You can also maintain Issue UOM (in General Plant Data 1 View) if required.

You can do transactions as per your business needs and the system and can specify conversion for Sales, General Plant Data1 and Purchase in respective Views. It gives a great flexibility to :

Create PO in Kg or Number or Set (any Unit)

Create SO in Set or Numbers or Kg (any Unit)

GR / GI in Kg or Number or Set (by changing the UOM at MIGO) (any Unit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variable order unit is maintained in infor record as well as Source list.

If the variable order unit is different then Purchase order unit then variable order unit will be picked up at the time of creation of PO.Hence please check both the places & deactivate at both the places if activated & try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pankaj,

Sorry to reply latly..

Thanks a lot for the help.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you enter Ordering unit as CAR in the Purchasing view of the Material Master under the specifc plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes pankaj i did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is already an inforecord - check Order unit on the Info record under General data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes pankaj..it does have the Info record where the Order unit is maintained as CAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have rounding profile entered on the Info Records? Is there any other document you are refeing to create PO e.g. PR or Outline Agreement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

We have maintained the rounding profile in Info record. there is no referance doc. by which we are creating a PO.

its happening only when we enter the Plant in PO..means the conversion is picking up EA but not in CAR.if we donot enter Plant then the Conversion is happening correctly..i.e in CAR ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your info record is created at Plant level? right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya..plant and Pur. org level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you also check if the variable order unit is active in the info record? Although this does not influence the automatic derivation of the order unit but you can try removing (if it is activated) this. Also, do you know of any enhnacements in the PO which possibly may be influencing this non-SAP behavior?