cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML entity return problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, how are you doing?

We are have serious XML parsing problems while we are using special characters ( Portuguese ones ).

Looking at log files we can clear see that there is a problem with the XML Entity:

-

30 May 2011 12:44:08 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "Ccedil" was referenced, but not declared.

-

As the XML is returned from ECC's RFC system, who can you tell it to use Ç instead of Ç ???

Very thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Can you give some background information please?

- What application are you using?

- What version is it?

- Are you using a Staged database?

- What is the error you get in the application and what do you expect to see?

Many thanks,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

We are facing this problem in Succession Planning and OrgModeler, version 3.0 build 0700035400.

The applications are Live ( SP ) and Live/Oracle ( OrgModeler )

This problem is logged many times during the user navigation (root/Log/cds.log ).

A good sample is when the user tries to view the Organizational Structure. If any objects ( Position, OrgUnit and so on ) have a special character, its box came black, probably cause the system stop to build its information after the XML parse error....

I really dont think that is a bug.... What we need as I said is to tell ECC to return the special characters in the "normal" format:

- "& #199;" instead of "& Ccedil;" for "Ç" character or tell the Nakisa system to append the entity tag "<!ENTITY Ccedil '& #199;'>" in this XML before parsing it

Very thanks!

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Is your SAP system in Unicode? If so you might have to change all of the function configurations in the OTFSchema folder because by default they encode in UTF8. Another option is to amend all of the XSL files that display content to add the entity tags you specify. However, both are going to be time-consuming efforts.

The issue certainly sounds like encoding and I would advise to open an OSS message regarding this.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

We will verify my configurations and try the appropriate suggestion

I'll bring the feedback results soon

Very thanks