cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC no option "Access Control" - can't start working with GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed GRC AC 10.0 and have followed the post-installation documentation. All seems to be fine so far.

But when I run NWBC, I do not get the Icon/Option "Access Control".

What can go wrong? My user has sap_all and sap_grac_all, so it shouldn't be the access rights...what else can I check?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is this issue resolved? I am facing the same problem such as even though I assigned the role SAP_GRC_NWBC, I didnt get the access management, rule setup etc icons in NWBC client. Please provide some hints. Also when I assign this SAP_GRC_NWBC role to a test user, the user's menu is empty, it did not show any of the available web dynpro apps in it.

With best regards,

Reyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't found a role named SAP_GRAC_NWBC (only SAP_GRC_NWBC) yet, but as you they - I'll check the BCset activation - although I think was finished with it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

points rewarding is not working - giving errors...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the roles available in GRC system. You can create Z roles from them or generate profiles for standard roles.

These roles will be available only after BC set activation. You need to assign one NWBC and one other role to user.

SAP_GRAC_BASE

SAP_GRAC_ALL

SAP_GRAC_SETUP

SAP_GRAC_NWBC

SAP_GRAC_DISPLAY_ALL

SAP_GRAC_REPORTS

SAP_GRAC_END_USER

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUESTER

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_APPROVER

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_ADMIN

etc.

Regards

Rajan Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed GRC AC 10.0 and have followed the post-installation documentation. All seems to be fine so far.

But when I run transaction NWBC, the web-browser (Iexplorer) opens the HTML-NWBC, but I do not get the Icon/Option "Access Management". I see this option however on the screenshots of the documentation. And it seems to be the only way to work with the application - or can I work directly within SAP-GUI ?

I see however the Icons "Office", "Cross-Application Components", "Accounting", "Information Systems", "Tools" and I can well drill down into the submenus and use the fonctionality.

What can go wrong? My user has sap_all and sap_grac_all assigned, so it shouldn't be the access rights...what else can I check? any ideas are welcome... - thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When we started with GRC 10.0 we faced the same problem. This is related to the authorizations. You can refer to the security guide of GRC 10.0 and create the Z roles of GRC standard roles specified in the guide and assign the same to the user then you will able to see all the menus in NWBC.

Regards

Rajan Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping by bringing back to look into the access rights, although the solution has nothing to do with Z-Roles...

Now I have read the GRC security guide (version 3 from April 2011), but nowhere is mentioned the SAP_GRC_NWBC which I needed to assign to my user in order to be able to use GRC AC 10. It is not mentioned in the post-installation documents neither.

I didn't even know that roles starting with names SAP_GRC* exist and would be relevant, as I was focalized on GRAC.

It would be nice SAP would add this to their final documentation!