cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead time scheduling not happening during MRP run through Batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a material in which ,Lead time scheduling is not happening when the MRP is run as a background job.I have selected the following parameters when the MRP job runs :

Processing key : NETCH

Planning mode: Re-explode BOM and routing

Scheduling : Lead time scheduling and Capacity planning

MRP Type : X0.

When I click on schedule icon in the planned order manually, scheduled dates are determined.But I want that these dates be determined automatically when the MRP job runs.

Request your help in solving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ameya Khanwalkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Planning file entry was missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameya,

If you want lead time scheduling, it is normally done by the external system when using X0. I doubt that you can get MRP to schedule those orders according to the route. Your run should be re-exploding the BOM, though.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the answer.How is the Re-explode BOM indicator set in planning file.

Regards,

Ameya Khanwalkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameya,

I don't know, I have never looked. If I had to guess, I would say there isn't a planning file entry at all for X0. This data would be normally be maintained in the external system.

Five minutes spent in your sandbox should answer all such questions.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning Mode 2:If a material has planning file entries and the Re-explode BOM indicator is also set in the planning file.

In the planning run in planning mode 2, the system re-explodes the BOMs for all existing procurement proposals that are not firmed and also for those, for which the dates and quantities do not have to be adjusted.

Example of changes that cause planning mode 2 to be set:

Changes to the material BOM

Changes to the sales order BOM

Changes to the phantom assembly BOM

Changes to references assigned within BOM

Changes to material classification

Change of production version in material master or planned order

Change or conversion of BOM explosion number

Basically materials with MRP Type has to be planned in external system. Also request you to check the work center details like

scheduling formula.

Can you check in the scheduling tab page of work center the formula assigned is at other formula or in the processing formula field.

Request you reassign the formula to the other fiield from where it is existing now and then do the lead time scheduling.

Thanks,

nandha