Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Does someone can explain me the difference between :

- validation rules we implement through BPC interface,

- validation rules we implement through BW interface and the transaction code UJ_VALIDATION

Thanks for your help,

Olivia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK, the validations through the BPC interface enables to check how your records where broken down (for example if you want to control that the Inter Company accounts were posted with a trading partner information) and/or validate the amounts that were posted (for example that the Inter Company accounts are 0 after eliminations).

The validations through the BW interface only check how you're records are broken down : here you can define how each account can be broken according the different subassignments of your data model. Example : this account must be posted with Trading partner, flow, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thank you for your fast reply.

When I implement Rules through BW interface, their execution seem to be automatic, I mean that I needn't to fill in the following application parameters (supposing that i only want to execute them on jounal entries) :JRN_VALIDATION_SP.

My question now is : this parameter is it also for NW version or only for MS Version ? How does this parameter impact journal entry posting ? I don't see any change if I configure a rule in BPC interface, and then , post the journal entry ? Do I need to implement something else ?

I want to implement a control debit = credit in journal entry. and not allow posting if not balanced. Do I need to call the Validation Logic and how ? Through this app parameter "JRN_VALIDATION_SP" . ?

Thanks for your help,

Olivia

Edited by: odubouexic on May 30, 2011 5:29 PM

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain JRN_BALANCE = 1 under application parameters from Administration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75_nw/helpdata/en/27/3f72fb7c564fa189832651380c0719/content.htm

hope it helps...

regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this. So, if I well understand, this is the only parameter useful to avoid saving journal entries if not balanced : No logic necessary.

Does this parameter works with the check box "Balanced" we have through the journal, when input entries ?

But, even when i check this parameter, the system allows me to save my entry. Why ? Do I misunderstood something ?

I check security settings, and put : Create, Review, Post and Unpost Journal (non admin journal tasks).

Does someone can help me ?

Thks,

Olivia

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes! This is the only parameter to make sure journals balanced. When you save unbalanced Journal system would prompt you a message " This Journal is unbalanced.Do you want to save it?" . If you choose Yes, then it just saved. But system will not allow you post unbalanced Journal.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand, but,

- when I save it, i don't have any message

- when I post it, even unbalanced, the journal entry is accepted and posted.

In both cases, save & post, I have that message error :

Failed Reason:

* Mot clé "*

" inconnu ou non implémenté

Do I forget something ? Someone has already faced this problem ?

Thks,

Olivia

PS/ I work on the version 7.50.05.

jayson_bocago
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. Apply the changes in Application Parameters.

2. goto Admin console, select your application.

3. click modify application, then modify application again.

4. try to post unbalance journal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1/ Thanks for this,

I did it. But unfortunately, the entry was posted to the system...

Here is my entry :

Posted Y

* Difference -20*

P_ACCT FLOW IntCo Remark Debit Credit

*401100 FC I_NONE sdfg 20 *

I don't understand what I am doing wrong...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me,

2/ In BPC NW, do we need to implement validations rules in SAP GUI, and through the Admin Console. ?

I make a test, if I put a rule only through the Admin Console of BPC, and try to run de Validation Logic, it seems not to work correctly :

RUN_LOGIC:Données pour catégorie introuvables dans application PLANNING

Echec de

Application : PLANNING Statut package : ERROR

Thanks,

Olivia

Edited by: odubouexic on Jun 6, 2011 10:11 AM

Edited by: odubouexic on Jun 6, 2011 10:53 AM

Answers (0)