cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete REQU records from DSO Change log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Experts!

We faced an issue while doing housekeeping in our Data Warehousing. We need to to clear DSO change log to free some space

on server, so we do standard thing: DSO -> Environment -> Delete Change Log data, chose date and delete requests.

But I noticed that after this procedure we have some records left in DSO change log, all of them with request field having value starting with REQU_*. All ODSR records are deleted.

Could you please advice me on the purpose of the REQU record and how we can clear them for old data?

Best regards,

Daniil Mosin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The REQU_** request is created when the data is loaded using an info package.

If you want to delete all teh data in the change log you can do it by the following steps,

1. Go to se14 enter the change log table name and execute.

2. Inside select the radio button of 'Delete data' and click on 'Activate and Adjust Data' button.

This is an experts tool,please make sure that you enter the correct table name and also correct options.

Regards,

Shyam.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surendra, I'm aware of process variant to clear change log. What I want to know, is why it does not remove REQU records from change log. Your input on this topic would be valueable.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Don't do it manually, create a Process chain in RSPC and then there you can find the process type

"Other BW Processes" under this -->Deletion of Requests from the Change Log , drag & drop and then assign the DSO and number of day you want to delete, then Activate and run PC.

Thanks

Surendra Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

thank for your answer.

I feel that deleting change log via se14 is a too straightforward way and may lead to dangerous consequences. I'm interested why REQU requestes are not deleted via standard change log deletion procedure? What would be the standard SAP solution to delete REQU redords then?

Also, can you please clairify REQU requests relation to InfoPackages? In our case we have data going to DSO only with infopackages, but we have both ODSR and REQU requests in change log. Time of creation REQU requests makes me think that they are created when data is being loaded to further data targets.

Best regards,

Daniil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniil

ODSR request gets generated when data in the DSO is activated. REQU request gets generated when data is uploaded from the DSO to the cube in delta mode using infopak. Not sure about deleting this req.