SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation document number ranges

pranav_solanki
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii,

In EASISI,if i do simulation w/o billing order at that time its pick up current number range wht i assign ,but with same tcode if I do simulation with billing order its pick up different number range,

pls hel p me on this from where its picking other number range for woth billing order in EASISI.

Edited by: Pranav Solanki on May 30, 2011 6:18 PM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The number range selection does not depend on whether it is with a billing order or without a billing order. If you are doing a billing simulation, you always need a billing order. Only in case of budget billing creation / recalculation, SAP internally simulates the billing without a billing order.

If you are deailng with an unmetered customer, you do not need a meter reading. Only after creating MR order by tcode EL01, the billable billing order will be generated. In case of metered customer, you need a meter reading to make the billing order billable.

Now in SAP the simulation document number range for billing are maintained according to document category in the following path:

SPRO-> SAP Utilities ->Contract Billing ->Billing Execution ->Automatic Billing and Simulation-> Define Document Type Category for Simulation Documents

You assign the number range for simulated billing document in the following path:

SPRO-> SAP Utilities ->Contract Billing ->Billing Execution ->Automatic Billing and Simulation-> Define Document Types for Simulation Documents

And you assign the number range for the simulated document types in the following path:

SPRO-> SAP Utilities ->Contract Billing ->Billing Execution ->Automatic Billing and Simulation-> Define Number Ranges for Simulation Documents

Please check according to the document category which are used in your case. It might be the case that you are triggering two types of simulation billing (example: consumption and final billing) for two different customers and due to that that it is using two different number ranges.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Nirmalya