cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Short text is getting changed while creating purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus

While creating purchase order my user is accidentally changing the short text of the material code, which is getting copied from material master, now I just want to stop this change in short text field of Purchase order so that correct description(which is maintain in Master Data) can't be changed according to document, i.e. for a specific purchase order document type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor

Hello Sir,

The same issue was raised in our scenario also.

The solution is to define screen layouts for purchase orders , document type wise.

Goto document type ( SPRO > IMG > MM > Purchasing > Purchasing Order > Define Document Types )

There you can see all your document types (PO) and corresponding FieldSelections assigned to them.

You need to customize these corresponding FieldSelections entries as per document types coz these entries define the Screen layouts.

For defining screen layouts SPRO > IMG > MM > Purchasing > Purchasing Order > Define Screen Layout at Document Level.

And define new entries here as per your document types and need.

Cheers ,

Sij.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sapuser09

Thank you for resolving the issue.

Thread * RESOLVED*.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont know your business scenario but when you make the short text a display field you may not be able to make po for items which doesnt have a material number or service PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

The moment u enter matrial code in the field for ME21N, the text field automatically turns grey. I do not know how your user managed edit that field?

Srinag

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below thread

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan

former_member712038
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the respective field selection key and go to field selection group "Basic Data, Item". Here make the field Material description as a Display field by clicking the check box under display field.

Now you may not be able to change the material description.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to use the field selection group for the corresponding PO to make the field display only so that a user may not be able to change the short text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Purchase Order Document type, change the Material text field setting to Display only so that user cannot change the Material text .

Regards,

Janagiraman