cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy to HTTP sycnchronous scenario.

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an ABAP proxy to HTTP syncronous scenario in which the proxy through PI makes an HTTP request to a third party to download a PDF.Once the PDF is sucessfully downloaded we need to send an acknowledgement to ECC system that the download was sucessful and also place the PFD file in an FTP server as well.

Looking forward for any possible ways that the above scenario could be achived in once interface.We are open to use ccBPM to achive this.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow this way:

Request: ABAP Proxy -> PI -> Receiver

Response: Receiver -> PI -> ABAP Proxy

In BPM, for successful response, call an FTP CC (or a Shell Script), to pickup & write file to receiver ftp server

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply, do i have a choice of no using a BPM and achive this.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

if this is a sync request to a HTTP receiver (to initiate with the request a PDF upload) you will expect to get a response back to the Proxy sender.

So following the described implementation the response will provide the information about un/successfull PDF load

from the http receiver (so this partner has to provide a response in a sync connect!!!).

If you need the PDF to be moved back to a location near to the proxy sender additionally to the response message the receiver of the proxy trigger has to return both in the sync response but the proxy is not able to receive an attachment.

And... as I know HTTP adapter does not allow to handle attachment. This is only possible with SOAP !

So in such a case the PDF needs to be provided with another adapter (which would allow to use a sync connect Proxy-> HTTP and another one async from the PDF loader via file adapter (file -> file). So this will not require a BPM too!

a) Proxy-> PI -> HTTP (sync)

b) FTP -> PI -> FTP (async)

Result: No BPM required!

Regards

Dirk

Answers (0)