Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA Mapping

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have created Plant and Profit Center at State Level and we have storage location in MM side and Sales group in SD side from where the Sales and Purchase both will happen.

the formula for calculating Profitability is = Sales - purchase- Overheads

I want to know that If I create Sales group as my Charecteristic Field what will be my Value field and how do we map so that we can get Profitability Report Sales group wise.

We have Product Costing in Place, Profit Centers are at Plant level and Cost centers are at Storage Location Wise.

Please advise..

Regards,

Vivek Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Value Fields will be based on what values you wanna see in COPA... i.e Revenues, COGS, Overheads

Revenue wil come from SD Billing (KE4I)

COGS - From SD Billing (KE4I)

Overheads - Assessment cycle (KEu5)

br, Ajay M

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Sales Grpoup & External Material Group as Charecteristics and Values Fields, Created a Operating Concern and activated the same.

Now what all next steps I have to do for configuration to get the profitability report.

Regards,

Vivek

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

First for revenue, you need to map the SD Condition Types to value fields in COPA. You need to create Value Fields, such as Revenue, COGS, Taxes etc. These will be linked to SD Condition Types

There after, you need to transfer costs booked through FI against a Cost Center by Assesement Rule KEU5. If you are using IO, you can settle it to COPA through CO88/KO88

There after, define a report as per your requirements

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thanks for your response.

We are using Product Costing also, so for this what setup I need to do.

Also by creating Charecteristic & Value Fields, assigning the same to Operating Concern and creating the report will give the profitability report?

Please help.

Regards,

Vivek

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For Product Costing, only the variances will be settled to COPA. The Material cost will come from your billing invoice when you assign the material cost condition type (Generally VPRS) to your Value Field for COGS.

Regarding your other query, it all depeneds on how you want to see the profitability. One you maintain the required config for Billing, FI-MM Posting, Order Settlement, your data flow to COPA. This needs to be presented as per your requirements.

Regards

Sanil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to map the SD conditions to the value fields via KE4I to get the required values in COPA. Then you can calculate the profitability in the KE30 reports as per your requirement by the relevant formulas.

Creating sales group as a characteristic should not have any effect on the KE4I mapping. Its just that reporting will be more consolidated when reporting at the sales group level.

regards

Waman