Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are getting a mismatch in the Asset GL & Asset Report (ABST2 executed):

c CoCd Acct no. BusA Year SG 1st local difference

S 1100 11000 2011 3.00-

S 1100 33010 2011 980.00-

S 1100 33020 2011 245.00-

S 1100 33060 2011 14,300.66-

All the above GLs are Accumulated Depreciation GL accounts.

In GL it is showing less where as in Asst register it is showing more.

I dont know why the above difference is being caused. How can we correct it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikkita,

Please run ASKB in production mode and immidiately after that check ABST2 report.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you tell me for what ASKB is executed ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikitha,

The account with which you have the differece has "Line items" activated, Run ABST

if you do not have the line items activated, please check with ABST2.

You can check this is in FS03 > Control Data. While running the reconciliation reports ABST2 & ABST,

if non of the reports, display any error, then there is no reconciliatio-n issue.

Also please look at the attatched SAP notes that will help youin resolving the issue :

543151 FAQ Note Reconciliation of FI <-> FI-AA

382548 Composite note reconciliation Asset Accounting

364878 Reconciliation with FI-GL during the fiscal year

69225 Reconciliation difference financial/asset accountin

499536 Compare report RAABST02 (FI-GL <-> FI-AA reconciliation)

Still it is not solved apply the following

If you find the asset details from ABST the you can update thro AS02

select the problematic assset in AS02 and goto Edit and execute recalculate values.

this will solve all issues.

Rds,

Anil

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Anil. But it is too tedious to find out the assets one by one to see where it was gone wrong. The figures I have given in my issue is as per the ABST2 report for the Company Code. I know it is with respect to certain class of assets for the accumulated depreciation issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikkita,

ASKB is the transaction code for posting from Asset accounting to GL. If there are any unposted entries in GL, the transaction will take care of such posting and your reconciliation issue shall be resolved. I have resolved such issue in past, I think this should work for you.

Another issue I can visulize - there may be configuration changes in account determination and therefore system might be showing differences in particular account, but such situation the exact figure you might see in plus or mius shwoing difference in other GL Account in ABST2.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muralidhar

From your comments I conclude as follows:

I have to run the ASKB for all the company codes and then check the consistency. If there is no difference, my issues is resolved, right ?

If there is a difference again in ABST2 even after running ASKB, what would be your suggestion ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

My reply would be somewhat different...

ASKB helps when you have parallel dep areas and the parallel dep area also posts APC (Mainly Indicator 02/06 in OADB)

If thats not your case, then ASKB is of no use, in my opinion

You really need to find out the reason of difference per asset.. I know this is a tedious task... The reason can be faulty takeover strategy and you did not ensure AS91 Vs GL Balance at the Start of SAP....

After you come to a conclusion as to the cause of the issue, the right strategy can be recommended....

If you feel Asset register values are correct and GL needs to be corrected, use ABF1 to make a correction posting to Asset GL accounts as per note 69225

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

ABF1 is used for posting to individual assets by mentioning a transaction type, correct ?

If we want to post to asset class, any commets, please.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

ABF1 is to post to Asset Recon accounts and not Individual asset

Recon accts are maintained at Asset Class level... So, you can make one entry per asset class

But as I said, you need to know the cause of the mismatch and then use ABF1 if you are sure that Asset Values are correct and GL values are wrong

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Ajay. Thanks.

I presume that normally asset values will be correct as the postings always flow from Asset accounting to FI GL. So the GL difference would be the one that was caused for not posting anything from Asset to GL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikitha,

Because of Asset balance differences in dep for the assets.

Execute the dep for all assets for 12 periods properly. (In Repeat run)

If at all any unplanned dep is there we are not able to do ABST2

Rds,

Anil