cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order checks stock and auto planned ord created for shortage quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement like, when I create a Sales order, it should check for the available stock. If stock exists, the delivery could be done using the stock. But if stock is less or partially available then, a planned order should be created automatically of the shortage quantity. Please guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First part is standard, just do an ATP check in the order.

Second part involves the use of MRP (standard, but not immediate) or have an enhancement (user exit) in the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done that, using startegy type 20. The ATP check happens, and then when i run MRP with MD50, the planned order gets created. The problem is the process order created from this planned order has a NON-Valuated GR tick after Goods movement. This i suppose is because of the settlement rule SD1. Any idea how to get rid of this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Before you get any further into strategy 20, I think you should check if sales orders will confirm against existing FGs stock.

According to your original requirement, you need a Make To Stock strategy, such as strategy 40.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes strategy 40 will work for the first part, but if stock are not there, then how to get Planned orders with reference to Sales order? Infact as i wrote before, we can get that as well using MD50 MRP run, but the process order has non valuated GR, the price for FG is zero. Can you help me with that, to get a valuated Goods receipt for the Finished product?

You can check your self, in the Documented Goods list of Process order, the non valuated material marked "X"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

There is no single strategy that will meet your requirements.

If you use any MTO strategy, then your sales orders will not confirm to existing Finished goods stock. Is this still your goal, or have you relaxed this requirement?

Best Regards,

DB49