cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availabitiy control not performing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In one of our project, availability control is not performing. Even though there is no budget for the current fiscal year, system is allowing to post the actuals.

We did the below analysis:

1) checked the Availability control activation type in budget profile and is marked as 1.

2) Tolerance limits are maintained for all the target groups except 09-payroll and the action to be taken is mentioned as 3.

3) Checked Specify Exempt Cost Elements node and found that the affected cost element is not mentioned in the list.

4) Even when the availability control is activated with t code CJBN, system is not throwing any errors while actual posting.

Request you to let me know if any thing else have to be checked.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For availability control not performing, the following may be the reasons,

1. Budget release functionality is active, i mean in Budget profile configuration they might have ticked the release check box, in this case even though you assign budget in CJ30, availability control will not be active, unless you release the budget in CJ32. Once you release the budget in CJ32 availability control will be active.

2. Open the project in CJ30 and check in the following path extras>Availability control>availability control info, you can see the status.

3. You can reconstruct the availability control using tcode CJBN.

Thanks

regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i have understood properly what Gurudatt wants here is that system should not allow him to post any actuals when there is no budget. Please correct me if am wrong. In standard, system checks the budget against the distributable and assigned values. In this case there is no budget and hence no value in distributable as well as assigned. This is the reason system is allowing to post actuals inspite of having no budget.

Refer the note thats mentioned in my previous post. It will definitely help you. Also search the forum. There are lot of threads on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Apologize for missing few information's in my earlier post.

To give clear picture, please find the below additional information's:

1) Initial budget has been carried out only for 2010 and there is no budget for 2011.

2) There is an manual negative cost posting done at the root level for 2011 and is in the assigned column in CJ31.

3) When ever there is any positive manual cost posting, the system is decreasing the assigned value by that amount.

3) Till the negative assigned value becomes zero, the availability control is not giving any error. Later if we try to post the system is giving an error message that budget is exceeding.

Example:

Negative assigned value at the top WBS is -1000 (project def: 123456)

Positive manual cost posting is 50 (WBS no: 123456-01). Here it is accepting this posting even when there is no budget at this WBS level.

The value at the cji3 report will be -950.

Now with the above example if we try to post 1000, the system is giving an error message that budget is exceeding.

We are t code KB15N for manual posting.

Request you to let us know how the availability control works when we have negative assigned value.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Best Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sems ok, if assigned vale is -1000, that result into available value is 1000, so untill u exceed that 1000 budgt exceed message would not come, if you have defined on tolarance limit action 3 for 100%.

Regards,

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sam Lesha,

Yes you are right. thanks for your feedback. i am closing this thread

Best Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If WBSE don't have budget, then AVAC will not get activated and check the tolerance limits.

Regrads,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you activated AVAC, is it showing on system status on WBS?

another point is, on Tolerance limits customization before comes to action 3(error message), did you maintain action 2 for same budget profile?

Regards,

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search the forum. I am damn sure that you will find a lot of threads that talk about this issue.

As a heads up refer the thread,

Note 602588 u2013 Availability Control before Budgeting