cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different external definitions with same message name - help needed

0 Kudos

Hi all,

For starters...I'm using PI 7.1

For a scenario where I have to communicate from our R/3 system (using abap proxies) with a device using SOAP webservices I have received a couple of xsd files from an external party.

Now it seems that they have named the synchronous request the same as the sync response. The definitions are in 2 seperate files but the message name in that definition is the same.

At first I even had trouble generating the abap proxy because of this but renaming the messages and putting a mapping between them solved that issue.

However when I look at the inbound service interface (so not the end where I can simply rename the messages, (I guess?)) the request and response both have the same name.

In ESR the message structure is correct (that is, it's different when I click on the messages) but when I look at the WSDL it only contains one of the two message structures. I guess this is because they both have the same name.

So my questions...

is there any way around this? Could I make a setting somewhere where it's clear to PI these are two different messages?

Is this even a problem? (I cannot test the full scenario yet, just simulate with soapUI at the moment, which is giving me issues because the response message structure is not in de WSDL I use for import into soapUI)

Maybe PI will figure it out when I get the actual message response in the correct format?

Since the Webservice which is responding is naming the messages as I received them in the xsd I guess I cannot simply rename the messages which I did on my end (R/3 end).

So any tips?

Thanks in advance for any feedback provided.

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in this case you will import two different WSDL into PI.. so it will point to different object..and I dont think there is problem even if you have same message type inside..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

0 Kudos

I hope so but what has me worried is that the WSDL view of the inbound service interface only shows one of the messages, not two. So if it were no problem at all it should already show the two seperate messages.