cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict BP create in Contract Create screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Say, we have created BP 1 with Role 1 in transaction BP. Now, we go to transaction RECN to create a new contract. When we search for BP 1 with role 2, system takes us to BP create screen with role 2 as selection. We expect that system shoudl give us an error message that said BP does not exist in Role 2.

Is there a way we can stop 'create BP in role' trxn in RECN screen?

Thanks

Rakehs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

1. Do you ever create BP from RECN? or you just assign the BP's? If answer is No for 1st and Yes, to 2nd question then may be your security team can help you, they can restrict the BP creation from RECN object based.

2. You can also restrict the or play with the way you wish BP functionality based on the synch and BADI's available on BP.

3. You can put a check in RECN contract BADI to restrict BP creation.

I am sure there are many other ways too.

Thanks,

Jag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Define Contract Type you may restrict the type of BP roles which can be assigned in a specific role (in Partner Management Section).

Also see following step in IMG screen for RE-FX:

RE-FX-> Business Partner -> Relevant Settings for Business Partner in RE Context ->Business Partner Roles -> Assignment of Role Categories to Real Estate Applications -> Make settings for roles per object Type

Here you can maintain BP role versus contract type wise relations.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

Please re-read my query. My setting of contract type states that I can assign say BP with Role 1 in the contract. Now say BP1 is created win Role 2. Now if I select this BP while in contract create mode (add BP with Role 1), it takes me to BP create screen and ask me to create the BP in Role 1. I am expecting that system should instead issue a warning/ error message that BP does not exist in the required role.

Thanks

Rakesh