cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa SP1 steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have one confusion regarding the Nakisa 3 SP1 installation. Few days back I have installed the Nakisa Sp1 in our Dev server. But when I was installing the Nakisa. I had software available for Nakisa 3.0. So I followed the below steps.

1) Applied Add-on for Nakisa 3.0

2) Applied Transport package for 3.0

3) Deployed Nakisa 3.0 components on our CE 7.2 server.

But later I got the software for SP1 also. So got to know from this forum only that I should undeployed the components from CE first and then deploy the SCA file for Nakisa 3 SP1 on CE system. So I did the below steps

1) Applied the Add-on for Nakisa 3 Sp1

2) Applied the transport package for 3 SP1

3) undeployed the components for 3.0

4) Deployed the component for 3 Sp1

Now, I have to do on QA server, please advice if I can directly apply the add-on and transport packages for Nakisa 3 SP1 or do I need to apply the Nakisa 3 first and then Upgrade it to SP1 like i had to do for Dev server. Please advice

I can see there is Installation folder available under the Add-on directory so I think we should be able to directly apply the Nakisa 3.0 SP1 but just wanted to confirm with you experts.

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You should be able to transport the original Nakisa Transport Package and ABAP Add-on objects into QAS and PRD, but you will have to undeploy 3.0 applications and deploy the 3.0 SP1 applications in each NWCE instance.

SP1 is essentially a new application rather than an add-on or upgrade.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke for your reply. Just to clear the confusion I have. So far I have not installed Nakisa 3 on QA and Prod. So I can just follow the below steps. Please confirm

1) Apply the Add-on for SP1 on QA and Prod

2) Apply the transport for SP1 on QA and Prod

3) Apply the component on CE for SP1 ( I have not deployed Nakisa 3 on CE on QA and Prod )

My confusion is because I have applied the Nakisa 3 Add-on and transport on Dev and later I have applied the SP1. I remember you mentioning that it is not an add-on instead SP1 is a new application. But just to avoid any issue I have asked this question .

Thanks for you help!!

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

For a fresh installation, which QA and PRD would be in this scenario, then those steps are correct.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I forgot to tell you that when we downloaded Nakisa 3 SP1 there are only below 6 components. So rest of the 3 components are still on Nakisa 3 and not on SP1. Please advice if this is correct.

CareerPlanning0701021100SCA.sca

Manager0701020400SCA.sca

OrgModeler0701022900SCA.sca

SuccessionPlanning0701022600SCA.sca

TalentFramework0701020200SCA.sca

OrgChart0701033200SCA.sca

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

This is correct. Some of these will be on SP2 (e.g. DataQualityConsole).

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (0)