cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to locate EKPO-PACKNO in ME23N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am doing a BAPI mapping in BAPI_PO_CREATE, however I found that there is a Package Number with value "0000001", my question:-

1. Where to locate the Package number in PO

2. Is the package number generated by system or manually entered.

3. Is Package number always be generated when everytime the PO is created

4. Is the package number also available in Server order?

5. Is the package number found in item level or header lever

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EKPO-PACKNO is created automatically by the system everytime you create a service item (category D) at item level. It is stored at item level (EKPO). PACKNO will be the key to find the corresponding entry in table ESHL (service package header).

Best Regards,

Arminda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arminda,

Is the package no. always and only be created by the system when there is service entry PO. Other than item category D beign selected, what other criteria can be generate the package no.

Regards

Leonard

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this package number be found in the PO? which tab of material details is the PO contains in ME23N

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can't see the package no at any tabs in ME23N. It is a system generated number. You can use this number to find corresponding Entries in ESLL table to fecth service details. Package number of ESLL table is always 1+PACKNO of EKKO

Srinag

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) If your requirement is to find service item based on the purchase order. Then you can use BAPI_PO_GETDETAILS. This would give you all the service order items for the associated PO.

In terms of table access, using EKPO-PACKNO to get the associated SUBPACKNO from ESLL. Once you have the Subpackno, use that subpackno in ESLL-PACKNO to get all the service line items

The package No groups together all services belonging to an item in a purchasing docs and via this No the program accessses the data in individual service lines of a set of service spec.

Hence its at item level u can find packing No provided necessary settings is maintained for service details to be captured in PO.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

packno is system assigned number

it is relavent for service po, service entry sheet etc

you can find the data regarding packno in EKBR and ESLL tables.

in ESLL put the packno from PO and take the sub pack no. you have put this sub pack no in pack number field to see the data