cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data is not getting updated in table using RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario, I am calling one RFC using RFC receiver channel. After running scenario, channel is showing status that RFC executed successfully. But when I am checking tables in R/3 system, data is not getting updated.

Moreover , when we tried to execute the RFC manually in R/3 system, that time data uploaded into table successfully.

Could anybody tell me what would the reason that data not uploading into table when we send it through XI.

Regards,

Sari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saru Desh,

Problem:data is not getting updated in table using RFC

Could u tell detail solution

Thanks,

AMMU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to keep the external breakpoint in the RFC and debug the same..to know whether the call is happening and what is the input data received...

Also Check whether the user have sufficient authorisations or not..

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Saridesh,

In the RFC there is a few data, that need the exactly SAP format whit '0' ahead, also is case sensitive in the text data.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be problem with your sender side. Please once again check with your sender side, is there any access issues are there. Suppose, if you are using FTP at sender side, it might be some access issues at FTP server level.

Hope this hleps.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sari,

as you have scenario with RFC receiver.. and as you mentioned that it not updating tables when run through PI but when you execute RFC manually tables got updates.. then following are the options you can check..

-- if you check RFC communication channel and if everything ok on then.. this means that your RFC is getting triggered successfully..but as you said tables are not updated.. for this you can go to SXMB_MONI and check the log take payload after mapping.. and compare it with the input when you try to execute it manually.. I think the input when you try manually and input to RFC when you try through PI is different and that is causing the Problem.. you will be able to see the difference in input then check.. I think the problem is data and not RFC communication channel..so by using this you will come to know difference

-- else if possible configure your ID in PI in RFC Receiver and then check and put breakpoint on ABAP side.. so that when PI will hit RFC you will get it in debug mode and able to see what is going wrong..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

There is no any problem with the data. When we run RFC manually data is getting uploaded successfully but when we tried to send same data using XI. its not updating.

Moreover the input structure of RFC in Xi is also same as in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try checking transatction SM58 in the ECC system to see if the RFC is stuck.

if you see nothing try checking the communication channel of the RFC adapter and see if the configuration is correct:

1. the system it try to log on to is correct.

2. language is correct.

regards,

roi grosfeld

Former Member
0 Kudos

While running in foreground - the tables are gettign updated.

So the issue will be with the RFC code - while running in background ( the case when you are updatting using PI interface ).

Please - apply external breakpoint and see why the actual COMMIT is not happening.

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As there was an error in RFC code. So the data was not getting uploaded.

Now error is resolved. hence closing the thread.

Regards,

Sari

john_perkins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sari,

I'm facing the same problem. What did you change in the rfc source code to get the "parameter table" updated?

Kind Regards,

John.