cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime Management - planned outage entry for a past date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using downtime management with success, however I forgot to enter a 'planned downtime' for some ad-hoc maintenance work a couple of weeks back. I now have a large outage spike appearing in my system availability reports (CCMSBISUITE) when I know it was a bit of planned outage work so should really be discounted. I have recurring a downtime window for our standard outage day, but this planned work happened outside of that window.

Is it somehow possible to create a 'planned downtime' event for a past date, which will 'smooth' out the outage spike appearing in the BI reports? I'm getting 'invalid date' entries when trying to do so with Downtime Manager, but though someone might know how to do this if it's possible.

Thanks

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope extending or reducing a Downtime has to be done, before the Downtime in actually in progress, nt for the past one.

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I wanted to do this also but couldn't find a way. Does anyone know if 7.1 will enable that entering a past downtime as planned? Thanks,

David

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you are out of luck on this one. However it would not be too hard to develop your own report for creating a retroactive downtime. We have done some analysis of the code for making our own enhancements to DTM and you will find CL_DSWP_DTM_MANAGER to be a good starting point if you have an ABAPer.

But I wouldn't invest too much in any custom solution, as DTM will be completely replaced in SolMan 7.1 (see note 1517275 and the help at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/bf/5a62721652477592bf3441cc5ab6ec/frameset.htm); the new feature seems like it will be much more general (an overall IT Calendar) but will actually remove some features in a step backwards (for example you will have to find somewhere else to document system crashes and other unplanned outages...). If we get into the ramp-up I will report back to this thread on the specifics of retroactive downtime documentation in SolMan 7.1 if I find anything interesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh that's TERRIBLE! I was just showing how awesome SAP was to my non-SAP colleagues that you could centrally document crashes and their RCA's, who was invold, what happened etc. I guess it's back to storing documents on shared drives, like other non-SAP applications, where they will never be found again. And why change from something everybody understands, uptime/downtime to 'work modes'. I'm so embarrassed now, I wish I could recall my e-mails. Ugh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work Modes in 7.1 - what a pain!

Like you David I was keen to use DTM for documenting RCA's for unplanned outage events, creating a central point to document planned and unplanned events that change % of system uptime. Looks like our spreadsheet will live on....

Jon, if you do get involved with 7.1 ramp-up please post back here you thoughts on Work modes, interested to see what you find out.

Regards

Daniel