cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material to be sold only thru particular dist channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenerio which is ' The material to be sold only thru the distrbutional channel 03 and customer also created for that dist channel. But , the shipping plant assignment for STO is assigned for the dist chan 02.

In this case , how i can make STO from one plant to other plant ? or any other option for this scenerio.

your input is most welocme.

With Regards

S.Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You can use reference distribution channel using transaction VOR1 to avoid extending all materials to distribution channel 02. there by material will be available in xxxx-02-xx for STO.

Assign the required Sales document types (Eg: or, KB...) to Sales areas XXXX-02-XX in SPRO

Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales documents --> Sales document header --> Assign sales area to sales document types.

You can also set material on sales block in material master for Sales area XXXX-02-XX.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks

Arun.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have given the suggestions given by you to the clients ,Lets wait and see for their response

With Regards

S.Siva

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly

You have a sales line XXXX-03-YY for which you have created the material and customer and you want to sell the products only in this sales area.

Now you have Plant PPPP for which you want to make STO's through Dist Cahnnel 02

If you create all the plants in the same combination,I foresee no problem with it and you can configure STO process in the same way.

If this is not your scenario,please let me know.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad ,

Already Plant customer is created 02 combination only that i cant change in the STO Configruration i.e Shipping data for Plant.

But , If i extend the material to 02 dist.chan , Users will have a chance these materials to other customers who belong to 02 dist.chan.. which should not happen.

Is there any other solution without extending the material to 02 dist.chan.?

With regards

S.Siva

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraman,

As per my Knowledge, while desinging the org structure we need to define the Stock Transfer as one more distribution channel better change the structure.

In your case 02 is assigned in STO settings but you are not using 02 specially for STO.

thanks

bvdv

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to extend the material to dist channel 2 and block the material for sales in the field DChain-spec. status in the material master Sales org 1 tab.

It should work.Please check and update.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be achieved through th configuration. While creating Supplying Plant & Receiving Plant as Customer in configuration , assign the Sales Area with that Distrbutional Channel 03 only.

In such case , system will allow to create STO for Distrbutional Channel 03 only.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I cant configure for 03 dist.chan. As you know, I can assign only one sales area in STO Shipping data assignment for Plant.

Now , It is assigned the Plant customer for 1000 , 02 , 02 and material has been created 03 dist.chan .In this case , how can i make a stock transer order without extending the material to 02 dist.chan.

With Regards

S.Siva