Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

What are the method available for data transfer from a legacy server to R3

any body can send me a link to how to make a LSMW for QM datas like MIC,Inpection plan,QM view Extension,DMR etc...

What is the T code IBIP used for

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

1. For QM view extension I would suggest to use MM50 Tcode. In maintenance status select Q for QM view. Input relevant plant, material codes or material types. After executing select all and click on maintain material. Go on pressing u201CEnter Keyu201D. The relevant materials will be activated with QM view. Once the QM view is maintained, you can assign inspection types through QA08.

2. For MICs creation you can use LSMW by recording method. Unfortunately I do not find the step by step guide for LSMW as itu2019s a very vast topic. LSMW recording techniques may vary user to user. In case of urgency you can get BDC for this developed from ABAPer.

3. For inspection plan I would suggest to develop BDC. A good programmer can help you recording BDC. There you record DMR field also.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Hi Faisal, I find this link as useful. [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e04f8fc8-2ef3-2d10-dc8d-eb6fd0711157?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

In your case when system throws window for entering Transaction code (in LSMW) you give QS21 for MIC recording. Then create one MIC in the same way you create. Thereafter follow the path briefed in this article.

Edited by: Anand Rao on May 30, 2011 12:12 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several methods to load legacy data into SAP systems and these could be LSMW, IDoc/ALE, eCATT and BAPIs.

IBIP is a data transfer tool similar to LSMW. This tool is generally used for those objects that are not supported by LSMW.