cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum documents required to finish Sales Process for retail Business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

This is my 1st post in the forum as per the Rules and Regulations i have searched for the solution may be i was not able to reach to my Answer.

I have been assigned to a project where my client also has Reatail Outlets where the sales process is done mostly.

My client requirement is, they want to have minimum sales process as there will be many walk-in customers which will not allow them to have complete cycle.

My question is do we need to have sales order-delivery-PGI-Billing can we skip one or two document or is there any other way for Retail Business.

Note: Dear Moderators if my question is not in proper forum please guide me.

Thanks

Riyaz Malik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malik

You can remove Delivery and PGI . Use Sales document type CS i.e cash sales. billing will happen as soon as you save the order .

Regards-

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi

Thanks for your prompt reply, If i use Cash Sales Document type will this effect all the other related areas for example Stock Updation and accounts related documents.

What would be the exact solution for this kind of business? in what way Cash Sales Document Type would be right method

please share some ideas.

Thanks

Riyaz Malik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malik,

Is your busuiness requirement is inventorized,if not then there is no any requirement of Delivery and Pgi.

you can process ur business needs by rasing Sale order-with Billing that's it.

If your requirement is invntorized then u need have to maintain all transactions in ur business.

Regards

G.J.Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Raju

What exactly you mean by inventorized?

My client is a chocolate manufacturing and selling company. the sales is done through their own retail outlets.

Thanks

Riyaz Malik

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The better option is to use IS-Retail, but you need that your system is installed as an IS-Retail. If it's the case, then you can use the invoice FP (see it in VOFA). SAP gives you the IDOC WPUUMS to create this invoice and the PGI (movements 251/252). You need to have create the plant as a POS (point of sale) with tcode WB01/02/03, and in tab 'POS' mantain the data that determines the pricing procedure. The materials, is better to mantain as articles, ie, with tcodes MM41/42/43 instead MM01/02/03, and more details, but of course you need that your system will be an IS-R. If your system is an IS-R see SM30 for view V_TWPIV. So, when your process the IDOC you create the invoice and process the PGI (well, the movements in the profile).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want delivery / PGI to happen, then you can configure order related billing.

If the client is very particular on inventory, then the ideal situation is create delivery, do PGI and then billing. Of course, you can do PGI even if the stock is not available based on your item category setting. You have to decide which is the best approach.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As you suggested if i go for Order related billing what would be the after sales effect, i mean if inventory calculation is not iimportant for the client.

Cash sales Document type would be an Ideal solution? Please anybody advice me on this.

Thanks

Riyaz Malik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that you know the significance of cash sale order type, you can go for that.

As an additional information, following are some of the features of cash sale order type

a) Cash sale invoice can be printed immediately

b) Receivables do not occur due to the fact that customer pays for the goods immediately

If you want to show in receivables, then you configure standard order related billing (OR > F1)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi,

as abhishek said is right, through the Cash sales document u can avoid the delivery step,

directly u can move on to the PGI (VL02N). system will generate the automatic delivery.

Thanks

Ramisetti.