Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Data will Transfer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

While sending or Receving data from/into R/3 System

using IDOC or RFC or Proxy Adapters, How the data will be transferred into XI?

I know from XI, it will take care as XML Message..

what i mean...

IDOC <-> XI
      |
      |-------> HOW?

RFC <-> XI
     |
     |-------> HOW?

Proxy <-> XI
       |
       |-------> HOW?

please tell me.

Thanks

VG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VG,

the principle is always the same: Incoming messages will be translated by an individual adapter to XML (XI protocol), outgoing messages will be transfered from XML to the individual protocol, for example DIAG in case of RFC.

The RFC adapter is part of J2EE adapter engine, what is running in the Java stack. This is, compare to IDoc/proxy an additional potential source of errors.

IDocs and ABAP proxys communicate native with the WAS, their performance and stability is better.

Use IDoc if you have existing IDocs for your Business Transaction, take proxies for new implemantations. RFC is recommentable for synchronous communication with elder R/3 releases (no WAS).

Regards,

Udo

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

RFC <-> XI -> in this case you will make use of the RFC sender adapter. Once the adapter is configured the conversion to XML happens.

and Proxy <-> XI -> here u utilise the XI adapter provided in ID.

in case of IDOC -> XI you dont need a adapter configured in case of an IDOC coming into XI but an receiver IDOC adapter is configured to sent an IDOC from XI. Ref ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm )

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos