cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving : Deletion jobs cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have running some deletion jobs ( achiving ) via SARA in my R3 today but unfortunately I have terminated some of them due to the fast growth of redologs.

Is that possible if I rerun the same deletion job for those that I've cancelled as seems like those archive files are still selectable from SARA - > Delete...

However, I wonder will it hit any issue because previously ( before the del jobs was cancelled ), it might has deleted some of the data from the online database, and if now I reschedule the deletion jobs for same archive files, it might hit some unforseen issue?

Is there anyone here hit this scenario before? Do you mind to share your experiences here?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I dont see a reason why a re-run could cause a problem, basically the deletion will look for docs marked for deletion within the limit of the variant used, so if some of the docs do not exist anymore it will just move on.

In anycase i would take a backup and then resume the archive run in case you need to go back.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply.

Will try and updates the result here soon..

Meanwhile, anyone else have faced similar issue before?

Best Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced this issue previously. My deletion jobs got cancelled. In my case two scenarios were there:

1. The deletion jobs got cancelled before deleting any files.

2. It got cancelled after deleting few files.

In both of the cases what I did was that I hit the DELETE button on SARA and selected the session for which the job got cancelled. The job ran successfully without any issues. Actually, unless and untill, the complete job gets finished, the session will be there for deletion.

Furthermore, you want to delete these files from the database, if you have archived thease data already so no need to take any back-up. If anything drastic happens you can always retrieve the data back to the Database from SARA itself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

I have rerun the deletion jobs via SARA.

The deletion goes smooth.