cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Enter Root Object ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on the Succession Planning Component and I am trying to enter my root object ID under general settings, however I am not able to. The selector is greyed out and the message displayed if one hover over the selector says "This selector has been disabled. Please verify your data connection settings. I have checked my connection seetings and it as follows;

AHOST=SAP Sever

SYSNR=00

USER=Username

PASSWRD=password

CLIENT=800

When i test the connection i get a 'Successful Connection.

We currently have not set up SSO and are accessing via the 'Default' url.

I would alos like to know if TREX has to be setup before the Nakisa Succession planning can be used?

In the Data Centre on application wide settings, does a connection have to be established to the RDBMS?

Regards

Imraan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the response.

I have maintained the root object for Employee and Position, however I am getting the error ,

'

Cannot find the root of your orgchart. The orgchart box may have been deleted or incorrectly specified, or no valid org structure can be found for the selected effective date. Please change the root of the chart or select another effective date'.

I have also maintained the user ID in Infotype 105 to an employee that is a Manager of the Org unit also with relationship B012.

Is there anything specific that I have to in the application wide settings for in the Data Centre, besides set the data connection??

This is contents of log

1. 30 May 2011 11:39:41 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.integration.sap.BuildingBlocks : while trying to invoke the method org.w3c.dom.Node.getNodeType() of an object loaded from local variable 'node'

2. 30 May 2011 11:39:41 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.w3c.dom.Node.getNodeType() of an object loaded from local variable 'node'

3. at com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.Utility$Hroci.a(Utility.java:707)

4. at com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.Utility$Hroci.a(Utility.java:691)

5. at com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.Utility$Hroci.a(Utility.java:929)

6. at com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.Utility$Hroci.convertHrociXml2DataTable(Utility.java:908)

7. at com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.Utility$Hroci.convertHrociXml2DataTable(Utility.java:823)

8. at com.nakisa.integration.sap.BuildingBlocks.getFrom_Hrmss_Get_Orgstructure_As_Xml(BuildingBlocks.java:102)

9. at Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Utility.b(BAPI_Utility.java:1409)

10. at Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Utility.getUserStartObject(BAPI_Utility.java:693)

11. at Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Utility.rootAtLoggedInTMSUser(BAPI_Utility.java:489)

12. at Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Utility.getDataSetFrom_HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML(BAPI_Utility.java:177)

13. at Nakisa.SAP.SAPProcessor.BAPI_Hroci.getDataSet(BAPI_Hroci.java:36)

Regards

Imraan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imraan,

Have a look at the following link where another customer had similar errors.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imraan,

To be clear: are you using STVN SuccessionPlanning or STVN SuccessionPlanning Manager? And are you using ECC EhP4?

For STVN SuccessionPlanning your user must have IT0105 to a P. This person must be assigned to a Position (008) and that Position must have an Area of Responsibility assigned in tcode HRTMC_PPOM.

For STVN SuccessionPlanning Manager your user must have IT0105 to a P. This person must be assigned to a Position (008) and that Position must be assigned as a Chief (012).

Sorry if I already asked, but is your Security configuration setup (as either Logon Forms or SSO)? Do any of the searches work (you must have TREX configured to test, but this will confirm that your connection string works). Also, do any of the analytics show anything other than 0?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I am using STVN Succession Planning and STVN Succession Planning also . Yes we are on ECC EHP4

User is assinged to position, has IT0105 and does have an Area of Resposibilty via 741.

User is in cheif position with rship 012 and has IT0105.

Still on log on forms. Checked the connection strings and connection is always successful.

We are still busy with TREX so have not tested any searches. Have disabled all analytics. This will be enabled in 2nd phase of the project.

I do realise that the searches etc are not going to work I think we at least want to see an org structure.

Users also have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

I do realise that we may not have the full functiionlity without TREX butwe want to at least see an Org Unit.

Thanks for the response.

Regards

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imraan,

It might be that without TREX it cannot search for the AOR required. I know TREX can be a dependency, although it should not be. I would wait until you have TREX setup and configured and then revisit this.

Best regards,

Luke

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imraan,

For SuccessionPlanning you only need an ID for the Organization Structure and Position Hierarchy orgcharts in the Employee and Position menus. For the My Org Units and My Positions orgcharts the root of your strucutre is derived from your area of responsibility in the backend (relationship 741).

TREX needs to be setup for the SuccessionPlanning to function correctly; the area of responsibility data is indexed in TREX alongside the searches. However, you should be able to log in and view a structure without TREX having been configured.

No RDBMS needs to eb setup other than if you wish to use one for Preferences. This is done in the Preferences section of Application-wide Settings.

Best regards,

Luke