SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Represent any object/device at higher level than connection object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alll,

I am creating a data model, and i need to represent any object/device or any technical object at super level than connection object.

Our first idea was using object conection linked with connection (created an Equipment in SAP-PM with category "A"), but here the problem is that 1:1, 1:1connection is linked with 1:object connection, but it is wrong!!! I need to link: 1:Connection to n: object connection, so can someone suggest me any technical object that we can use to show this structure:

1: (object/device....propused) to n: connection object.

This object/device that i need it is only used to simulate the structure, that is why it doesn´t mater the object type, becuase we are going only to saved information as a class or characteristic if it is possible.

Please any suggestion is wellcome.

Thanks and regards.

Cris.

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Cris:

There is no ISU object above the connection object. Possibly you can investigate PM object hierarchy since a connection object is a functional location in PM.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

I agree, we can have only PM functional location were we can have flexibility of defining our own hierarchy.

However, you can let us know why you need higher level object than connection object, we can think on better alternatives.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

You can create "Functional Location Structure Indicators" through the t-code OIPK. You can maintain the desired levels using the Edit mask and Hierarchy levels. Then you have to use the same structure indicator in the "Define Structure indicator and category for functional locations" under SAP Utilities - Master data - Basic settings in SPRO.

Thanks

Vijay

Edited by: Vijay Prakash.J on Aug 9, 2011 4:45 PM

Edited by: Vijay Prakash.J on Aug 9, 2011 4:46 PM

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

I didn't understood your requirement clearly but there is something called superior functional location in the connection object master data try to see whether it will meet your requirements.

thanks,

VR