cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDX - How to find the latest date!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've a BW BeX query and I've created a universe on it. Unfortunately, for my user's requirements, I can't create a the variabile exit in the BeX query for this reason I'd like to know if is it possibile to find the latest date with MDX code?

First of all, Is it possibile to use MDX @select on OLAP query??

I need to find the latest date on 0CALDAY, someone could post a sample of MDX code to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Domenico.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I had the same requirement where I need to current get or system date through MDX.Unfortunately with MDX its limitation.Basically MDX does not have the capability to bring date dynamically.Reply back to me again if you have any questions I will provide you the sap note number aswell which explains this limitation od BO on top of SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it doesn't seem to be possible. My current belief is that you instead create metrics using functions such as .lastsibling so that they would return the value for the most recent day. I have a question on the SAP forum about it at the moment cos unlike .prevmember I can't get it to work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've resolved myself writing ABAP in BW CMOD creating variables EXIT using "select(MAX)" from ODS.

Best Regards,

Domenico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did that restrict the query to only the last date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

My goal was to determine the latest document date, so using Varibale EXIT with the select max reading from the ODS I've solved my issue.

Best Regards,

Domenico.